News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who actually is in for Star Wars?

Started by Berkut, October 20, 2011, 03:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

MiM, it must be that your server is different somehow.  It costs next to nothing for my crafters to make things.  I pick up the mats for free with my gathering skill, I spend very little to send my droid out to gather the special items I need while I am leveling with my companion and voila I have a blue that sells for high prices.

I am not sure why prices are high but I am pretty certain it has nothing to do with cost of production which is next to nothing.

It might also be that you are thinking about higher level crafting.  I havent got there yet so I cant comment personally.  But from everything I read on the forums the profit margins grow along the way.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on February 07, 2012, 12:01:44 PM
Meanwhile, loot drops and commendation vendors give you better stuff than you can get on the gtn anyway.

What sucks is, in order to gain those commendations, you wind up doing so many quests, you wind up out-leveling the items you wanted by the time you've earned the commendations to get them.

crazy canuck

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 07, 2012, 05:33:34 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on February 07, 2012, 12:01:44 PM
Meanwhile, loot drops and commendation vendors give you better stuff than you can get on the gtn anyway.

What sucks is, in order to gain those commendations, you wind up doing so many quests, you wind up out-leveling the items you wanted by the time you've earned the commendations to get them.

Agreed, gearing by way of commendations is less than optimal, hence the market for crafted goods.

Sophie Scholl

After much discussion with a friend who got the game as well as reading through this thread, I decided to make the plunge.  Bought the game tonight and hope to get a little bit of playtime in before the patch at 3am EST.  Here's to hoping...

edit:  Ok, so I got some decent playing time in after patching.  It's fun, but I just don't see it replacing WoW in my MMO enjoyment.  Granted I'm still in the starter area for Troopers, but it just seems so... dry?  There's other random people around, but they never talk, never say anything, everyone is in their own little world doing their quests.  I'll probably stick with a bit for the storylines that I'm interested in seeing from a player's perspective, but I think it'll be more of a KotOR I/II single player game for me than a legit MMO.  Also, I've realized my computer is once again old, as it is kind of choppy and flows far less nicely than WoW with high graphics on.  It also reminds me a lot of the Star Trek MMO in many gameplay ways.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

CountDeMoney

All the <level 10 starter areas are incredibly dry.  Things don't pick up until you get off that planet.

JonasSalk

Wow, world PVP on Ilum is absolutely sucktastic. People group together in huge scrums in one area and they all stay there until somebody is stupid enough to go out of their little area and it's super-laggy, so you can barely do anything while you're being killed.

GG
Yuman

crazy canuck

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on February 08, 2012, 10:44:32 PM
edit:  Ok, so I got some decent playing time in after patching.  It's fun, but I just don't see it replacing WoW in my MMO enjoyment.  Granted I'm still in the starter area for Troopers, but it just seems so... dry?  There's other random people around, but they never talk, never say anything, everyone is in their own little world doing their quests. 

As opposed to all the grouping and talking in the starting areas of WoW... :hmm:

Once you get past that area there is a lot more opportunity for grouping and interaction with others.  I found the Trooper area to be one of the more dull starting areas.  My favourite starting area was the Sith starting area.

CountDeMoney

Anybody else get their "Founder" email notification?

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Caliga

:bleeding:

I'm embarassed for both of us that you are familiar with that show.... and I guess embarassed for both of us that I'm familiar with that show too  :blush:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

I've finally finished the class quest for my Sith Warrior. Pretty good ending.

Not sure whether to level my Mercenary, Gunslinger or Sentinel next.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Solmyr

I liked Act 1 of sith warrior, very Palpatine feel to it. Hoping the rest of the story matches it.

Caliga

I like the Jedi Knight story the best so far.... and your companion (Kira) :perv:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points