News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who actually is in for Star Wars?

Started by Berkut, October 20, 2011, 03:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 09, 2011, 04:04:48 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 09, 2011, 03:55:18 PM
Bad time to buy an HDD, they have doubled in price in the last month.

It might be cheaper for me to mail you 12 dvds with the game on it then you bursting your limit tho.

Karma payback for all the times he gloated about having a superior computer.

Good news and bad news.

Good news - I checked with my ISP.  I was completely wrong about my download limit.  Limit is 250GB / month. :cool:

Bad news - the HDD I installed Windows on 3 1/2 years ago is only a 80 GB HDD.  Try as I might, I can only free up 29.5 GB of space on it. :grr:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on November 09, 2011, 11:25:53 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 09, 2011, 04:04:48 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 09, 2011, 03:55:18 PM
Bad time to buy an HDD, they have doubled in price in the last month.

It might be cheaper for me to mail you 12 dvds with the game on it then you bursting your limit tho.

Karma payback for all the times he gloated about having a superior computer.

Good news and bad news.

Good news - I checked with my ISP.  I was completely wrong about my download limit.  Limit is 250GB / month. :cool:

Bad news - the HDD I installed Windows on 3 1/2 years ago is only a 80 GB HDD.  Try as I might, I can only free up 29.5 GB of space on it. :grr:

:cool:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

I've renewed my order for the Collector's Edition.  :blush:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on November 10, 2011, 09:04:28 AM

To be honest, I never had any doubt you would buy this game. -_-

JonasSalk

Yeah, the weekend-only beta tries are really annoying. Some of us work on the weekends.
Yuman

Barrister

So is anybody else actually going to be playing in this weekend beta?  Just wondering if I should bother to co-ordinate with anyone.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Syt

Quote from: Barrister on November 10, 2011, 09:41:49 AM
Quote from: Syt on November 10, 2011, 09:04:28 AM

To be honest, I never had any doubt you would buy this game. -_-

Well, I'm not the Star Wars fanboi I once was (there have been too many bad Star Wars games/movies/comics/books etc. - though I like the Clone Wars show a fair bit).

However, though the gameplay in TOR doesn't look groundbreaking, though the graphics are a far cry from glitzy or sexy the way other games are, it does have something that makes me want to play it. Maybe it's the KoTOR setting that I like (the 80s/90s comics about it are pretty decent), or the fact that it's BioWare.

Possibly it's a holdover from my first encounter with WoW when it was released. I thought that a similar gameplay in the Star Wars galaxy would work very well. Though I guess TOR is a bit late to the non-F2P party.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on November 11, 2011, 12:49:17 AM
I am...

Kay - I'll post what server I roll on, or you post your server, and we'll see if we can hook up.

I was going to roll Empire, because I'll probably go Republic when the game goes live.  But I don't care much either way for a beta.

Lndhand

I am very tempted to play.  Stonewall told me he is probably going to try it as well.
The biggest thing I blame Bush for is Obama.

Barrister

Quote from: Lndhand on November 11, 2011, 02:59:36 PM
I am very tempted to play.  Stonewall told me he is probably going to try it as well.

In order to play this weekend you had to have registered your pre-order code, and been selected to participate in the beta test (though it seems almost everybody who was eligible was selected).

Of course anybody can still buy the game on release (Dec 20) and play then.

Lndhand

Quote from: Barrister on November 11, 2011, 03:02:38 PM

In order to play this weekend you had to have registered your pre-order code, and been selected to participate in the beta test (though it seems almost everybody who was eligible was selected).

Sorry for lack of specificity -- I'm talking about at release.   :D
The biggest thing I blame Bush for is Obama.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on November 11, 2011, 03:02:38 PM

I haven't pre-ordered the game.

Grey Fox