News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Big 40. Dammit.

Started by Ed Anger, October 20, 2011, 07:39:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martim Silva

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 20, 2011, 07:39:49 AM
Happy birthday to me goddammit. I've got gray in my beard and now in the temples. FUCK THIS SHIT.

Get off my lawn.

Welcome to the club, Ed.

Don't worry, it won't kill you and, frankly, it is GREAT. We have ALL our physical abilities undamaged as of yet, BUT we also get the income and stability that experience provides. In other words, you pwn those whiz kids.

Love being 40. Start worrying more about the big 5-0: I heard it's the new 4-0.  :ph34r:

Capetan Mihali

110 is the new 120, after that French woman who sold oil paints to Van Gogh as a child and died making rap remixes...
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

BuddhaRhubarb

happy Belated :cheers: Now the wife is only half your age. :p
:p

Razgovory

Quote from: Martim Silva on October 20, 2011, 05:49:42 PM

Welcome to the club, Ed.

Don't worry, it won't kill you and, frankly, it is GREAT. We have ALL our physical abilities undamaged as of yet, BUT we also get the income and stability that experience provides. In other words, you pwn those whiz kids.

Love being 40. Start worrying more about the big 5-0: I heard it's the new 4-0.  :ph34r:

Eventually it will kill you. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martim Silva

Quote from: Razgovory on October 21, 2011, 12:54:49 PM
Eventually it will kill you.

Stop that! This is scary enough when we stop to think about it!  :mad:

Ed Anger

My AAR of the last 2 days, with the kids away:

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Siege

Life is just the long winding way into your tomb.
Some decisions will help you make the trip faster, others slower.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Valmy

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on October 20, 2011, 05:51:41 PM
110 is the new 120, after that French woman who sold oil paints to Van Gogh as a child and died making rap remixes...

I like how she was in her 40s during WWI and yet living until...what?  1999?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

fhdz

Happy birthday to me goddammit. I've got gray in my beard and now in the temples. FUCK THIS SHIT.

Get off my lawn.

Happy birthday, man. A lot of people take 40 to look back on their lives and take stock...I'd be surprised if you weren't pretty happy with how things are going, if you happened to do that. :cheers: :beer:
and the horse you rode in on

Sophie Scholl

Get off my lawn.
Hell, I've got grey in both at 29 and have for a few years already.  When do you start writing your Meditations?
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

The Brain

Quote from: fahdiz on October 21, 2011, 10:05:26 PM
A lot of people take 40 to look back on their lives and take stock...

I plan to take livestock.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valdemar

I'm older than you? :huh:

Happy b day young one

V

Ed Anger

After a 4 day period of utter hedonism, I feel......content.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Siege

40 is not that bad.
You can still fight all day and fuck all night, if you take long enough breaks.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"