Black women goes to supermarket in S.Korea: Koreans panic

Started by Martim Silva, October 20, 2011, 06:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on October 21, 2011, 04:38:00 AM
What a strange story. And so little wrote on it...
That being said though I recall going into a convenience shop with my black friend here, the old woman behind the till instantly snapped out of her death like daze and erupted into a barrage of "OMG you are so handsome! Can I touch your hair!". Black folks do cause a stir in Asia.

I think there's a difference between people being excited about hair types they don't often see and a story about people recoiling in terror.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 21, 2011, 08:44:37 AM
Quote from: The Brain on October 21, 2011, 08:35:31 AM
So she's an ugly woman. BFD.
Unfortunately for a lot folks I talked to in Korea, Black = Ugly.

I like my women white and my politics brown.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

Alcibiades

Quote from: DGuller on October 21, 2011, 08:43:37 AM
Quote from: Martinus on October 21, 2011, 05:23:36 AM
That being said though I recall going into a convenience shop with my black friend here, the old woman behind the till instantly snapped out of her death like daze and erupted into a barrage of "OMG you are so handsome! Can I touch your hair!". Black folks do cause a stir in Asia.

It's written, not wrote. Seriously, wtf. English motherfucker do you speak it?
Oh, the irony.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 21, 2011, 08:44:37 AM
Quote from: The Brain on October 21, 2011, 08:35:31 AM
So she's an ugly woman. BFD.
Unfortunately for a lot folks I talked to in Korea, Black = Ugly.
I think that's pretty much true everywhere.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

grumbler

Quote from: Alcibiades on October 23, 2011, 01:51:41 PM
Quote from: DGuller on October 21, 2011, 08:43:37 AM
Quote from: Martinus on October 21, 2011, 05:23:36 AM

It's written, not wrote. Seriously, wtf. English motherfucker do you speak it?
Oh, the irony.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on October 20, 2011, 09:34:29 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 20, 2011, 09:16:19 PM
Have you heard of them before?

No, that was kinda at the heart of my comment. -_-
"News" stories that start out "One fine morning..." without saying when or where this actually occurred (other than at "a South Korean supermarket") kinda screams bullshit from the get-go.

Looking at the story, it is clear that this is just a story the woman made up/exaggerated to sound more exotic.  The story not a news story, but a feature about a Kenyan businesswoman in South Korea.

I can understand why Martim thought it funny (given how similar it is to anecdotes about ambassadors), and think it is even funnier that he posted a fragment of the article here expecting anyone to believe that it is true.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!