Black women goes to supermarket in S.Korea: Koreans panic

Started by Martim Silva, October 20, 2011, 06:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martim Silva

I found this funny:

http://www.menafn.com/qn_news_story.asp?storyid={2b11a791-6d09-4eb8-bb85-08fdd83c326c

Oct 17, 2011 (The Nation/All Africa Global Media via COMTEX) --
One fine morning, pandemonium broke out in a South Korean supermarket, and customers and shop stewards alike scampered for safety. Babies strapped on their mothers' backs, others in prams screamed as their parents sought the nearest exits.

And it wasn't a terrorist attack, neither was it a band of robbers who had raided the convenience store. No, it wasn't a fire alert either.

One Kenyan woman had just walked in to make a purchase.

"It was terrible!" recalls the woman, Everlyne Nyambegera. "Children were crying, their mothers dashing for the exits and all this made me also break down and start crying too."

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on October 20, 2011, 08:23:02 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 20, 2011, 06:28:34 PM
Good ol' menafn

I don't know what that means.

It's the website that article is on. It is also the only "news" site that Google lists as carrying that story.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habbaku

Ah, good.  Thread title is keeping with the Martimmay tradition.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

jimmy olsen

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on October 20, 2011, 07:22:06 PM
I saw black people in Korean supermarkeys before.:mellow:
Same.

That's way to over the top for Koreans.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: garbon on October 20, 2011, 08:55:04 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 20, 2011, 08:23:02 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 20, 2011, 06:28:34 PM
Good ol' menafn

I don't know what that means.

It's the website that article is on. It is also the only "news" site that Google lists as carrying that story.

Maybe its an exclusive from the Korean ambassador to Portugal? :)
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Josquius

What a strange story. And so little wrote on it...
That being said though I recall going into a convenience shop with my black friend here, the old woman behind the till instantly snapped out of her death like daze and erupted into a barrage of "OMG you are so handsome! Can I touch your hair!". Black folks do cause a stir in Asia.
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

Quote from: Tyr on October 21, 2011, 04:38:00 AM
That being said though I recall going into a convenience shop with my black friend here, the old woman behind the till instantly snapped out of her death like daze and erupted into a barrage of "OMG you are so handsome! Can I touch your hair!". Black folks do cause a stir in Asia.

It's written, not wrote. Seriously, wtf. English motherfucker do you speak it?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

Quote from: Martinus on October 21, 2011, 05:23:36 AM
Quote from: Tyr on October 21, 2011, 04:38:00 AM

It's written, not wrote. Seriously, wtf. English motherfucker do you speak it?
Oh, the irony.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: The Brain on October 21, 2011, 08:35:31 AM
So she's an ugly woman. BFD.
Unfortunately for a lot folks I talked to in Korea, Black = Ugly.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point