News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Occupy Warsaw

Started by Martinus, October 15, 2011, 08:05:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on October 16, 2011, 12:32:26 AM
The important part is to be sympathetic while they're getting hurt or killed. 

Which was my point. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on October 16, 2011, 05:31:49 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on October 16, 2011, 12:32:26 AM
The important part is to be sympathetic while they're getting hurt or killed.

Which was my point. :P

Fair enough. :D
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Sheilbh

The occupy London one slept over in front of St Paul's last night.  The Canon of St Paul's spoke to them this morning and said that they're generally supportive of the protests and as long as the people are tidy they're welcome to stay.  He asked the police to back off a bit and not try and force them out, as it's the Cathedral's land I don't know if the police can do anything in face of an offer of sanctuary :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Neil

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 16, 2011, 12:40:44 PM
The occupy London one slept over in front of St Paul's last night.  The Canon of St Paul's spoke to them this morning and said that they're generally supportive of the protests and as long as the people are tidy they're welcome to stay.  He asked the police to back off a bit and not try and force them out, as it's the Cathedral's land I don't know if the police can do anything in face of an offer of sanctuary :mellow:
It's a state church.  The state can evict them no matter what some dotty old fool of a churchman thinks.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Cecil

Here in Stockholm we had the usual suspects. A couple of hundred leftists with nothing better to do. Always amused by how they protest against a state/system they themselves were the architects behind.

Martinus

The popular media here are having a go at the protesters, because some were spotted wearing $200 Rayban glasses or carrying the newest iPhones. :D

Cecil

Quote from: Martinus on October 16, 2011, 01:43:29 PM
The popular media here are having a go at the protesters, because some were spotted wearing $200 Rayban glasses or carrying the newest iPhones. :D

Rich kids always know whats best for societys unfortunates dont ya know. ;)

garbon

Quote from: Cecil on October 16, 2011, 02:15:36 PM

Well it would have to be the reach kids or the hippy kids. What poor kid has time protesting? Even those unemployed can't just sit around protesting as they need to figure out someway to keep food on their plates.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Cecil

Quote from: garbon on October 16, 2011, 02:58:36 PM

Well it would have to be the reach kids or the hippy kids. What poor kid has time protesting? Even those unemployed can't just sit around protesting as they need to figure out someway to keep food on their plates.

Monoriu

That's more than the people who turned up in HK. 

And for some reason, half of them are expats.

Ideologue

Quote from: Monoriu on October 16, 2011, 03:55:20 PM

Gosh, I wonder why people who live in the PRC might be shy about protesting.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

alfred russel

Quote from: Ideologue on October 16, 2011, 03:56:31 PM

:yes:

When you live in a country with as bankrupt a philosophy as communism that in the not too distant past went through the cultural revolution, crony capitalism doesn't seem so bad.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Martinus

Tanks for this analysis.

Ideologue

Quote from: Martinus on October 16, 2011, 05:34:50 PM

Tanks for this analysis.

On a very rare occasion puns are good. :yes:
Kinemalogue

Tonitrus

Quote from: Cecil on October 16, 2011, 03:48:57 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 16, 2011, 02:58:36 PM

But I thought pot makes one hungry.   :unsure: