News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

10,000 Free Round-Trip Tickets to Japan

Started by garbon, October 11, 2011, 07:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

A bumper is the thing on the back of your car. A Fender is a guitar.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 12, 2011, 10:32:52 AM
Quote from: DGuller on October 11, 2011, 11:42:59 PM
I know, but I didn't bend my fender.  I was in a car club in college, I know the difference between fenders and bumpers.

I don't.  Please tell me.
Fenders are on the side surrounding the wheels, bumpers are on the front and back.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Quote from: Ideologue on October 11, 2011, 08:31:47 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on October 11, 2011, 07:41:24 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on October 11, 2011, 07:33:21 PM
A plane ticket I can procure on my own.  I wanna be in a bukkake movie.

And here I thought you were straight.  :P

I didn't say STAR in one.  I'm content with a walk-on part.

OK Mart.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

Quote from: The Brain on October 12, 2011, 12:05:04 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on October 11, 2011, 08:31:47 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on October 11, 2011, 07:41:24 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on October 11, 2011, 07:33:21 PM
A plane ticket I can procure on my own.  I wanna be in a bukkake movie.

And here I thought you were straight.  :P

I didn't say STAR in one.  I'm content with a walk-on part.

OK Mart.

Martinus wouldn't be content with any role that didn't have an Andy Warhol-length take of his face while he slowly devolved into Andy Rooney but with fewer important things to say.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on October 19, 2011, 09:05:10 AM
Just seen that it is a hoax myself.
http://www.japanprobe.com/2011/10/15/will-japan-give-free-airfare-to-10000-foreign-tourists-maybe-not/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+JapanProbe+%28Japan+Probe%29
Thought it did sound a bit freakishly mad. Damn western media thoug. :rolleyes:

A hoax is a malicious trick.

That's not what happened here. The media got wind of a program under consideration and reported it as a done deal.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 19, 2011, 09:10:34 AM
That's not what happened here. The media got wind of a program under consideration and reported it as a done deal.

:yes:

We also already had this discussion when Viking made the same claim.  Although if anyone bothered to read what was said - that "article" (blog post?) states that the agency was asking for it and did not yet have approval...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Probably a good thing.

A 10,000-man bukkake stunt would be a bit much, even for Japan.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ideologue

Quote from: Malthus on October 19, 2011, 09:28:53 AM
Probably a good thing.

Oh man.

Actually, you'd need like a five hundred girls, for logistical, aesthetic, and hygiene/workplace safety reasons.

Oh man!
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on October 19, 2011, 09:48:03 AM
Probably a good thing.

Oh man.

Actually, you'd need like a five hundred girls, for logistical, aesthetic, and hygiene/workplace safety reasons.

Oh man!
You're disgusting
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

It's only twenty per.  Chill out.

I'm thinking it'd probably be best to undertake it in some sort of dry aqueduct.  I've seen them get permits for rooftop shoots, but that might be hard to wrangle.
Kinemalogue

Malthus

Quote from: Ideologue on October 19, 2011, 09:48:03 AM
Probably a good thing.

Oh man.

Oh man!

Naw, just one girl, in scuba gear.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius