News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

10,000 Free Round-Trip Tickets to Japan

Started by garbon, October 11, 2011, 07:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/10-000-free-round-trip-tickets-japan-134142507.html

QuoteIf you've ever wanted to visit Japan, this may be your chance.

In a desperate attempt to lure tourists back to a country plagued by radiation fears and constant earthquakes, the Japan Tourism Agency's proposed an unprecedented campaign – 10,000 free roundtrip tickets.

The catch is, you need to publicize your trip on blogs and social media sites.

The number of foreign visitors to Japan has dropped drastically, since a catastrophic earthquake and tsunami triggered a nuclear disaster at the Fukushima Dai-ichi Power plant in March. Nearly 20,000 people have been confirmed dead, while more than 80,000 remain displaced because of radiation concerns. In the first three months following the triple disasters, the number of foreign visitors to Japan was cut in half, compared with the same time in 2010. The strong Japanese currency has made matters worse.

The tourism agency says it plans to open a website to solicit applicants interested in the free tickets. Would- be visitors will have to detail in writing their travel plans in Japan, and explain what they hope to get out of the trip. Successful applicants would pay for their own accommodation and meals. They would also be required to write a review their travel experiences, and post it online.

"We are hoping to get highly influential blogger-types, and others who can spread the word that Japan is a safe place to visit," said Kazuyoshi Sato, with the agency.

The agency has requested more than a billion yen to pay for the tourism blitz. If lawmakers approve the funding, Sato says visitors could begin signing up as early as next April.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

I'd sign up in a heartbeat.  The only problem would be coordinating a timeframe.

Ideologue

A plane ticket I can procure on my own.  I wanna be in a bukkake movie.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ideologue on October 11, 2011, 07:33:21 PM

And here I thought you were straight.  :P

Razgovory

I didn't think the Japanese liked foreigners that well.  Maybe if they paid me to go to Japan I'd think of it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Damn, why did I have to burn all my PTO this year?  I'm sure Chernobyl built up my immunity to radiation anyway.  Does Languish count as a social media? :unsure:

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on October 11, 2011, 08:01:09 PM
Damn, why did I have to burn all my PTO this year?  I'm sure Chernobyl built up my immunity to radiation anyway.  Does Languish count as a social media? :unsure:

Last sentence - you wouldn't be able to sign up until at least next April.

Also based on your car accident thread here, I think you might want to use that time brushing up on acquiring rudimentary story telling skills. The point isn't to lull your readers to sleep.

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2011, 08:07:20 PM
Also based on your car accident thread here, I think you might want to use that time brushing up on acquiring rudimentary story telling skills. The point isn't to lull your readers to sleep.
:rolleyes: Fuck you too.  I want to see you getting 219 posts out of a bumper-bender and a flat tire.

Ideologue

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 11, 2011, 07:41:24 PM

I didn't say STAR in one.  I'm content with a walk-on part.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on October 11, 2011, 08:21:09 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2011, 08:07:20 PM
:rolleyes: Fuck you too.  I want to see you getting 219 posts out of a bumper-bender and a flat tire.

See that's part of the problem. You think such is a good topic for storytelling.

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on October 11, 2011, 08:31:47 PM

Bunch of guys jerking their dicks together...:hmm:

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2011, 08:33:14 PM

I don't think you understand the concept.
Kinemalogue

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on October 11, 2011, 08:34:20 PM

Believe, I understand several uncovered penises in one room.

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2011, 08:36:20 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on October 11, 2011, 08:34:20 PM

Believe, I understand several uncovered penises in one room.

So you would be aroused by the prospect of 10 guys centering their attention upon a woman? :hmm:
Kinemalogue