And we're back!

Main Menu

Polish elections night!

Started by Martinus, October 09, 2011, 01:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Martinus

So, it seems my candidate didn't get enough votes to pass through, but at least my votes supported the others from his list - the leader of the party and a popular feminist/pro-choice activist.

From the rest of Poland, in my area of interest, we have the first openly gay MP (the former leader of Polish GLAAD equivalent) and the first transgendered MP. This is the most queer election ever.

Martinus

Some interesting demographics from the elections.

The colour codes are:

PO - dark orange
PiS- blue
RP - light orange
SLD - red
PSL - green

Women vs. Men:

Martinus

Another first: first black MP elected to the Polish Parliament*

*Technically, the guy got into the Parliament last year, because he replaced a MP who resigned (they go down the list from the original elections when that happens) however this is the first time a black guy got into the Parliament in the actual elections.

The Larch

Quote from: Martinus on October 10, 2011, 04:27:53 AM

So, nobody under 40 votes for SLD and nobody over 40 votes for RP?

Martinus

They are just showing four top parties for each age bracket.

Martinus

The sheer rage of right winger catholic fundamentalist journalists over these results is simply delicious.  :cool:

Solmyr

Octavian

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Solmyr

She's kinda hot, even if she is a Social Democrat.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on October 10, 2011, 10:28:34 AM
The sheer rage of right winger catholic fundamentalist journalists over these results is simply delicious.  :cool:

Raging is what fundamentalists do.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

i like how the silhouette for the men is a guy in a suit and for women it's a semi-slutty pose. Poland ain't so bad after all :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Martinus

Quote from: HVC on October 11, 2011, 03:31:53 PM

i like how the silhouette for the men is a guy in a suit and for women it's a semi-slutty pose. Poland ain't so bad after all :lol:
:lol:

Sahib

Quote from: Martinus on October 10, 2011, 04:35:10 AM
Another first: first black MP elected to the Polish Parliament*

*Technically, the guy got into the Parliament last year, because he replaced a MP who resigned (they go down the list from the original elections when that happens) however this is the first time a black guy got into the Parliament in the actual elections.

Turns out, a second black mp was elected in Poznan.
I believe Polish-Africans are now over-represented  :mad:
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever