News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Putin Plots to restore Soviet Union

Started by jimmy olsen, October 05, 2011, 07:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Grinning_Colossus

As an economic union it would make sense. Most of the former USSR is still far more closely linked economically with Russia than with Europe (or China or Turkey).
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Sheilbh

Quote from: Martinus on October 06, 2011, 03:21:12 AM
I like French Englightenment and detest all her enemies.
Scottish Enlightenment's better <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 06, 2011, 09:39:38 AM
Quote from: Martinus on October 06, 2011, 03:21:12 AM
I like French Englightenment and detest all her enemies.
Scottish Enlightenment's better <_<

Well now lets not get all nationalistic about it.  We can like the Enlightenment in general and detest its collective enemies.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Habbaku

Quote from: Caliga on October 05, 2011, 07:34:25 PM
I'm a big fan of Putin.  I used to be a big fan of Berlusconi, but got bored by his antics.  Putin manages to keep coming up with funny, creative tricks though.

He's trying his best :

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-news/go-pussy-berlusconi-finds-new-party-name/story-e6frf7jx-1226160676561
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

derspiess

Prussian Enlightenment for me, thanks:P
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Habbaku

Quote from: derspiess on October 06, 2011, 02:12:42 PM
Prussian Enlightenment for me, thanks:P

:x

You want to do little more than serve the state?  Have at it.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Russian Enlightenment. Partake in arts and science, and have lots of sex.

Oh, and partition Poland.

Habbaku

Quote from: Solmyr on October 06, 2011, 02:41:13 PM

:cheers:

-J. R. R. Tolkien

szmik

Quote from: Habbaku on October 06, 2011, 02:46:41 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on October 06, 2011, 02:41:13 PM

:cheers:

I'd let Americans partition us :P ... or take it all, wth  :) it would annoy Marcin too
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

jimmy olsen

Putin succeeds  :ph34r:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/19/world/europe/russia-3-countries-join-eurasian-union.html?_r=1
QuoteRussia: 3 Countries Join Eurasian Union
By REUTERS
Published: November 18, 2011

The presidents of Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan signed agreements on Friday aimed at tightening economic integration, a step toward what Moscow hopes will be a Eurasian Union linking former Soviet states. In a Kremlin ceremony, Presidents Dmitri A. Medvedev of Russia, Nursultan Nazarbayev of Kazakhstan, and Aleksandr G. Lukashenko of Belarus signed a Declaration on Eurasian Economic Integration, which Mr. Medvedev called "a new and very powerful step on the path to forming a Eurasian Economic Union."
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Viking

Quote from: Neil on October 05, 2011, 07:30:43 PM
How would a block of poor, weak nations become a major global player?

Quality has a quantity all of it's own.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.