And we're back!

Main Menu

R.I.P. Steve Jobs

Started by Caliga, October 05, 2011, 06:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Alexandru H. on October 05, 2011, 11:16:21 PM
RIP

A guy that truly understood that people are morons and that they will buy overpriced garbage much easily than cheap, useful stuff.

Fuck you.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jaron

Quote from: Barrister on October 05, 2011, 11:17:46 PM
RIP

A guy that truly understood that people are morons and that they will buy overpriced garbage much easily than cheap, useful stuff.

Fuck you.

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Habbaku

Oh, good, Jaron's back for a few hours.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Zoupa

Quote from: Barrister on October 05, 2011, 11:17:46 PM
RIP

Fuck you.

:rolleyes:

Relax. Your uncle didn't die, just some stranger that sold very expensive gadgets. Jeez.

Jaron

Quote from: Habbaku on October 05, 2011, 11:35:39 PM
Oh, good, Jaron's back for a few hours.

I miss you too, Habibi :hug:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Alexandru H.

Don't worry, Barrister, He will resurrect in three days time then ascend to Heaven!

Wonder how much will charge Apple for the Gospel according to idiots that worship Jobs. Probably something like 299 $ (vowels sold separately).

MadBurgerMaker

Anyone been to an Apple store today?  I've read some stuff saying people are showing up crying, leaving flowers, candles, etc. 

garbon

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 06, 2011, 12:44:03 AM
Anyone been to an Apple store today?  I've read some stuff saying people are showing up crying, leaving flowers, candles, etc. 

I went to an apple store but that was before the news was released so it was business as usual.

I'm glad that I did not encounter this scene, oh my.

QuoteAt the downtown San Francisco Apple store, people held pictures of Jobs aloft on iPads and taped greeting cards and post-it notes to the store window saying "thank you Steve" and "I hate cancer." Candles and red apples were placed outside.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habsburg

Quote from: Alexandru H. on October 06, 2011, 12:02:21 AM
Don't worry, Barrister, He will resurrect in three days time then ascend to Heaven!

Wonder how much will charge Apple for the Gospel according to idiots that worship Jobs. Probably something like 299 $ (vowels sold separately).

I've never bought a thing from the guy.  But this thread isn't where this belongs, start a different thread?

Martinus

The Onion does a "too soon" one too:

QuoteBREAKING: Panicking Apple Board Of Directors Attempt To Restart Steve Jobs

I felt bad for chuckling at it.  :P

RIP Steve.  :(

Tamas

RIP

Yep.

I despise Apple and it's fanbase but Jobs was a genius.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Brazen

Quote from: Martinus on October 06, 2011, 01:38:37 AM

Likewise here:

Daily Mail runs Steve Jobs obituary in which he's still alive

RIP turtlenecked genius.

Slargos

Quote from: Brazen on October 06, 2011, 03:42:20 AM
Quote from: Martinus on October 06, 2011, 01:38:37 AM

Likewise here:

http://newsthump.com/2011/10/06/daily-mail-runs-steve-jobs-obituary-in-which-hes-still-alive/

RIP turtlenecked genius.

FYL you incompetent harlot.  :mad:

grumbler

Jobs was a genius at making the complex accessible to the common person.  He gets to much credit for "starting" technologies that clearly either existed before he added his touch, or would have existed in spite of him, but he was an innovator in the analytically difficult area of interface design; his intuition there was almost always correct, and his companies made billions as a result.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!