Wall Street protesters: We're in for the long haul

Started by garbon, October 02, 2011, 04:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Either that or Captain Trips was going to percolate in the squatter camp and kill us all.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Quote from: alfred russel on November 15, 2011, 11:00:35 AM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 15, 2011, 10:28:50 AM
Bloomberg is sending in the NYPD Winged Hussars.

It is probably the best outcome for OWS. This was either going to fizzle out during the winter or be crushed by the police.
Being machine-gunned would probably be even better.  Maybe not for OWSers themselves, but for their cause.

KRonn

It is probably the best outcome for OWS. This was either going to fizzle out during the winter or be crushed by the police.
I think it was only a matter of time, and in other cities as well. The NY movement folks were supposedly talking about blocking subways and other stuff for the 2 month anniversary. There's been trouble at the camps, local businesses and citizens are complaining about the loss of business and other problems. Eventually city officials would likely need to act.

citizen k

Sounds like the Occupy movement is becoming a squatter's rebellion.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

They all can come join those here in Montreal. There is not really any plan to kick them out.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

citizen k

There was never any problem with the Occupy Spokane group making a camp since they were too scared to spend the night in downtown Spokane.

Josephus

Maybe this will inspire these hip youngsters to like, you know, maybe vote or something. :lmfao:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 15, 2011, 01:29:25 PM
They all can come join those here in Montreal. There is not really any plan to kick them out.

There hadn't been a plan to close them down here either...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Quote from: garbon on November 15, 2011, 01:37:11 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 15, 2011, 01:29:25 PM

There hadn't been a plan to close them down here either...

Montreal barely can get anything done when they have a plan. No plan means winter is whats going to kick them out.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Sheilbh

London's has carried on.  They observed Remembrance Sunday terribly well (no doubt to the annoyance of the Daily Mail) and still seem a pretty well-run group.  The City's trying to evict them again, I don't know how successful they'll be at St. Paul's without the Cathedral's support :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Ideologue

Quote from: DGuller on November 15, 2011, 11:06:56 AM

Being machine-gunned would probably be even better.  Maybe not for OWSers themselves, but for their cause.

It would have been amazing.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

citizen k

Quote from: Ideologue on November 15, 2011, 01:59:50 PM

What a sick little zealot you are.

Ideologue

Quote from: citizen k on November 15, 2011, 02:02:32 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on November 15, 2011, 01:59:50 PM

What a sick little zealot you are.

Ok, I was little too sanguine about it, you're right.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)