Wall Street protesters: We're in for the long haul

Started by garbon, October 02, 2011, 04:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

crazy canuck

Quote from: Razgovory on November 07, 2011, 01:53:30 PM
If you go to a rally with a big gun on your hip you are attempting to send a message.

compensating for something?

Razgovory

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 07, 2011, 02:55:28 PM
If you go to a rally with a big gun on your hip you are attempting to send a message.

No, but I understand that a political demonstration is about sending messages.  What you say, how you dress, and what you carry are all part of the message.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

crazy canuck

Quote from: Razgovory on November 07, 2011, 03:01:28 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 07, 2011, 02:55:28 PM

No, but I understand that a political demonstration is about sending messages.  What you say, how you dress, and what you carry are all part of the message.

Why cant a group of men who feel the need to compensate for something all take part in the same political demonstration. Dont people within a political movement have certain characteristics in common.

Razgovory

I thought you were suggesting I was compensating for something.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

crazy canuck

Quote from: Razgovory on November 07, 2011, 03:20:49 PM
I thought you were suggesting I was compensating for something.

No, sorry.  I should have made that more clear.  Unless of course you feel a need to strap on a big gun or whatever.  Then my answer would change.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Only when I look at my self naked in a mirror.  Not in public.  To me wearing a gun openly in public at a political demonstration sends one very loud and clear message.  I'm willing to use violence.

fhdz

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

fhdz

Quote from: HVC on November 07, 2011, 03:58:47 PM
hey, be nice to the accountants!

:D

In all honesty, I am probably a bit too nice as a boss.

HVC

If someone, say, i don't know, me, moved from canada to portland would my 4 years of canadian experience count towards me getting hired in your department? :shifty:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

fhdz

Quote from: HVC on November 07, 2011, 04:28:33 PM
If someone, say, i don't know, me, moved from canada to portland would my 4 years of canadian experience count towards me getting hired in your department? :shifty:

We actually have a hiring freeze at the moment. :(

Razgovory