Wall Street protesters: We're in for the long haul

Started by garbon, October 02, 2011, 04:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on November 07, 2011, 02:52:43 AM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 06, 2011, 08:54:57 PM
Quote from: Neil on November 06, 2011, 07:13:44 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 06, 2011, 06:47:53 PM
They went to those rallies with side arms, so they were expecting trouble or attempting to intimate.
No, I think those were just gun rights retards.

Yeah just taking them because they always take them. Or to make a point about carrying. Not because they expect to open up.

I seriously doubt they walk into the bank or a gas station with a handgun on their hips.

I walk into stores with my legal CCW weapon. Unless it is marked they don't want guns in them.

Of course, Federal buildings, banks and schools are right out.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Warspite

I blame the state school system. After all, my classical education taught me to disdain the money that I'm never going to earn.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 07, 2011, 08:04:23 AM

I walk into stores with my legal CCW weapon. Unless it is marked they don't want guns in them.

But it's concealed right?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on November 07, 2011, 08:51:23 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 07, 2011, 08:04:23 AM

But it's concealed right?

Usually. Sometimes my suit jacket is open and the shoulder holster peeks through. Nobody bats an eye over it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Jacob

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 07, 2011, 08:04:23 AMI walk into stores with my legal CCW weapon. Unless it is marked they don't want guns in them.

So what happens if you're carrying and it turns out you need to enter a federal building, bank or school? Do you leave the gun in the glove compartment or trunk of your car?

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Jacob on November 07, 2011, 01:12:16 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 07, 2011, 08:04:23 AMI walk into stores with my legal CCW weapon. Unless it is marked they don't want guns in them.

So what happens if you're carrying and it turns out you need to enter a federal building, bank or school? Do you leave the gun in the glove compartment or trunk of your car?

Yeah pretty much. And Raz--yes they do. I see people in the 7-11 like that all the time. A rarely go into a bank, but I imagine the "open carry" nuts would definitely go there too.

I never saw the point in carrying a huge revolver on your thigh like John Wayne or whatever.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

crazy canuck

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 07, 2011, 01:32:11 PM

Yeah pretty much. And Raz--yes they do. I see people in the 7-11 like that all the time. A rarely go into a bank, but I imagine the "open carry" nuts would definitely go there too.

I never saw the point in carrying a huge revolver on your thigh like John Wayne or whatever.

A few years ago someone was spoted with a gun sitting on the steps of the art gallery.  The streets were cleared, the tatical team was mobilized and after some time a negotiator convinced the loon to give up his gun.  What civilized society needs guns?

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 07, 2011, 01:39:54 PM
A few years ago someone was spoted with a gun sitting on the steps of the art gallery.  The streets were cleared, the tatical team was mobilized and after some time a negotiator convinced the loon to give up his gun.  What civilized emo society needs guns?

FYPFY.  Pretty fucked up reaction, I agree.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 07, 2011, 01:32:11 PM

I have never seen anyone carry a large revolver on their hip openly like that who wasn't a police officer something similar to that.  If you go to a rally with a big gun on your hip you are attempting to send a message.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

crazy canuck

Quote from: grumbler on November 07, 2011, 01:47:43 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 07, 2011, 01:39:54 PM
A few years ago someone was spoted with a gun sitting on the steps of the art gallery.  The streets were cleared, the tatical team was mobilized and after some time a negotiator convinced the loon to give up his gun.  What civilized emo society needs guns?

FYPFY.  Pretty fucked up reaction, I agree.

I suppose if one is used to living in a "pretty fucked up" society where carrying guns is commonplace one would tend to think as you do.

fhdz

Quote from: Ideologue on November 06, 2011, 01:13:45 PM
But you do make me pause.  I agree that a liberal arts education can be important for personal self-improvement.  I don't think I'd want to strip gen ed classes out of the cirriculum.  At the same time, it's not like anyone needs a history degree to be educated in history, or an art degree to be educated in art.  Is a history degree an investment or a glorified hobby?  At (let's say) $30,000, it's an expensive hobby.

Depends. No job I've ever had has been in my degree field.
and the horse you rode in on

Razgovory