Wall Street protesters: We're in for the long haul

Started by garbon, October 02, 2011, 04:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on October 19, 2011, 07:03:50 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on October 19, 2011, 06:55:09 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 19, 2011, 06:10:18 PM
So I'll admit this - I went to the same place where I'd ordered that medium well steak and ordered a medium rare one today.  Without Psellus or Timmiesque behavior - I'll admit that it was way better once I got over the whole pink aspect. Not all chewy like it was before but instead juicy and succulent. :blush:

:cheers:

:weep:

Dont worry Garbon, soon you will also be drinking real Champagne.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 19, 2011, 07:05:43 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 19, 2011, 07:03:50 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on October 19, 2011, 06:55:09 PM
So I'll admit this - I went to the same place where I'd ordered that medium well steak and ordered a medium rare one today.  Without Psellus or Timmiesque behavior - I'll admit that it was way better once I got over the whole pink aspect. Not all chewy like it was before but instead juicy and succulent. :blush:

:cheers:

:weep:

Dont worry Garbon, soon you will also be drinking real Champagne.

I've had "real" champagne but until I get my raise - I'm staying away.  This weekend at the horse races, I've got us with 8 bottles of Korbel. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

:hug:

Tamas

The whole champagne-sparkling wine snobbery becomes funny in Hungarian.

You see, the way we call these sparkling wine is directly translated as... "sparkling"

So you end up with snobs basically saying "the only real sparkling wine is coming from champagne, the rest of them are just sparkling wine"

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

In German we distinguish between Champagne and Sekt, the taxation of which funded the Imperial Navy.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on October 20, 2011, 02:19:03 AM
In German we distinguish between Champagne and Sekt, the taxation of which funded the Imperial Navy.

Sekt a.k.a Girly wine.

Richard Hakluyt

But don't say that if zombie Admiral Tirpitz is in the room.

Zanza

We no longer have an Imperial Navy, but the tax is still around.  :huh:

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on October 20, 2011, 05:05:31 AM
But don't say that if zombie Admiral Tirpitz is in the room.

Don't worry, I doubt Herr Admiral went for the girlie stuff, specially since he could afford the real stuff.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Malthus

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 19, 2011, 06:57:46 PM
Quote from: Neil on October 19, 2011, 02:37:10 PM
Wine snobs hate mongers, because of his love for cider as opposed to wine.
That you think the wine snobs just shows you've never been exposed to the cider snobs :bleeding:

Just to throw fuel on the fire - in Canada there are no regulations dictating stuff like where "champagne" must be from, but there *are* regulations dictating the composition (but not origin) of "Champagne Cider".  :lol:

See: reg. B.02.122 of the Food and Drugs regulations to the Food and Drugs Act ...

(the regs *do* have location of origin rules for "Scotch Wiskey" - reg. B.02.016 - but not for "champagne". Because, obviously, "champagne" is a generalized term - see "champagne cider".)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on October 20, 2011, 04:47:59 AM

Sekt a.k.a as Girly wine.

as as?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Gups

Meh. Cheap champagne is pretty much indistinguishable from the better sparklers from other countries and good champagne is expensive enough that anyone buying it knows the difference (apart from Veuve lovers who have no taste buds whatsoever).

Anyway global warming will see the rise of English sparkling wine specifically in the south which has a similar soil to Champagne.

DGuller

Quote from: Gups on October 20, 2011, 09:21:12 AM
Meh. Cheap champagne is pretty much indistinguishable from the better sparklers from other countries and good champagne is expensive enough that anyone buying it knows the difference (apart from Veuve lovers who have no taste buds whatsoever).

Anyway global warming will see the rise of English sparkling wine specifically in the south which has a similar soil to Champagne.
Champagne should've been the southern England.  You guys really botched it in 15th century.