News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Boardgamers who cannot cope with being attacked

Started by Martim Silva, October 02, 2011, 09:20:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on October 03, 2011, 02:46:53 PM
All this talk makes me pine for a new Languish MP game. Come on, people. EU3? Civ5? Napoleon? Something?

CK:DV?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

ulmont

Quote from: Viking on October 03, 2011, 08:12:50 PM
All this talk makes me pine for a new Languish MP game. Come on, people. EU3? Civ5? Napoleon? Something?

You can only get about 8 years of gameplay in a 4 hour block because of all the crashes.

Habbaku

Quote from: ulmont on October 03, 2011, 08:33:06 PM
Quote from: Viking on October 03, 2011, 08:12:50 PM

You can only get about 8 years of gameplay in a 4 hour block because of all the crashes.

:contract:  If not for this, I'd be all over it.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Shade on October 03, 2011, 08:05:32 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on October 03, 2011, 04:22:00 PM

I would happily do Civ 5 if we could come up with a decent time.

I would be in what is a reasonable time?

The usual times we were playing are fine with me--IE, evenings on weekdays, maybe some time on Saturdays.  The great thing about Civ V is that it doesn't require a weekly, guaranteed commitment to play a good MP session.  It just takes a few hours and people willing to play quickly.

I've definitely grown tired of playing single-player of it, though.  I'm done practicing; time for a real challenge.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on October 03, 2011, 06:50:45 PM
That's okay; neither does Berkut.

:lol:

I would be glad for a Sunday Civ5 game. Also Sengoku is getting a patch this week, mayhaps worth a try

Solmyr

Saturdays would be good for me, but make a suggestion for a time.

What's wrong with CK:DV? I recall playing CK MP long ago just fine (this was pre-DV though).

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on October 04, 2011, 03:05:20 AM
Saturdays would be good for me, but make a suggestion for a time.

What's wrong with CK:DV? I recall playing CK MP long ago just fine (this was pre-DV though).

I run it slow and it doesn't crash, run it fast and it crashes... but... can we look at the ledger in mp without pausing the game?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Drakken

szmik

Quote from: Drakken on October 03, 2011, 05:59:42 PM
Meh, I liked playing/learning Paths of Glory with Berkut. Alas, I don't know the rules of Here I Stand.  :cry:
That's easy to fix, I'd be up for HIS game too.
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Ideologue

Quote from: Maximus on October 02, 2011, 03:16:06 PM
It's been a peeve of mine in the MP games I've played online. If it's a stronger player beating up on a weaker one it's "bullying". If the weaker player puts together an alliance to beat the stronger player it's a "gangbang". Any time there's a resounding defeat it devolves into meta-game whining.

I don't like this pejorativization of the term "gangbang."
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Drakken

I agree, it's the wrong term. Gang rape is a more apt expression as obviously the victim of the coalition isn't consensual.

AnchorClanker

The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Ideologue

I always liked computer gaming better: no set-up, no clean-up, no rules lawyering, hell, no rules learning if you don't feel like it, less expensive.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)