News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Marty's "Ask Languish" Thread

Started by Martinus, September 30, 2011, 09:58:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gups

Can't you afford to pay someone to make these kind of decisions for you?

Brazen

Just out of interest, do Languish's responses ever change your opinions or are we all wasting our typing fingers? If you haven't got yourself a real bow tie yet or revised your cheese/fortified wine plans I will be very cross.

Richard Hakluyt

Spend the money; then if things get really bad you will have a comfortable flat to sit them out in.

PDH

Do whatever the gay podcast of the week says to do.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on September 30, 2011, 10:24:02 AM
Quote from: Brazen on September 30, 2011, 10:20:45 AM
Date a builder.

Also I echo GF's puzzlement, even new flats are usually finished and have bathrooms and kitchens installed.

That's not the standard here. Plus how are you supposed to decorate if you have these already installed?

Jesus Christ. Poland really is retarded.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Gups on September 30, 2011, 10:26:04 AM
Can't you afford to pay someone to make these kind of decisions for you?

He has many such expensive advisors.  Surely you know that by now.  The problem is each of them gives him a different answer to this question even though each advisor is more expensive than the last.

Habsburg

Quote from: Martinus on September 30, 2011, 10:14:06 AM
Quote from: Zanza on September 30, 2011, 10:12:45 AM
Why would you need to renovate it if it is freshly built? :huh:

Maybe "renovate" is a bad word. It is a "raw" flat, with only concrete floors, white walls etc. You need to paint walls, install floors, install stuff like sinks, showers, kitchen and whatnot.

Well role up the sleves of one of your worn out shirts and get crakkin'!

PDH

Quote from: Habsburg on September 30, 2011, 04:11:06 PM

Kraken?
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

szmik

Quote from: The Brain on September 30, 2011, 12:26:17 PM
Quote from: Martinus on September 30, 2011, 10:24:02 AM
Quote from: Brazen on September 30, 2011, 10:20:45 AM
Date a builder.

Also I echo GF's puzzlement, even new flats are usually finished and have bathrooms and kitchens installed.

That's not the standard here. Plus how are you supposed to decorate if you have these already installed?

Jesus Christ. Poland really is retarded.
it usually is a standard, unless you're Marty :rolleyes:
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: PDH on September 30, 2011, 04:21:11 PM
Quote from: Habsburg on September 30, 2011, 04:11:06 PM

Kraken?

Marti has one of those.  His next thread will ask whether the Kraken will get along with his dog while both are left in his unrenovated aparment for 11+ hours.

PDH

-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

AnchorClanker

Quote from: Brazen on September 30, 2011, 10:31:21 AM
Just out of interest, do Languish's responses ever change your opinions or are we all wasting our typing fingers? If you haven't got yourself a real bow tie yet or revised your cheese/fortified wine plans I will be very cross.

:lol:

I was thinking something similar.   :blush:
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Viking

For decorating advice, ask Languish' resident homos.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Eddie Teach

Languish homos are more interested in war games than decorating, I wouldn't trust them.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?