News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Children's clothes problems, advice needed.

Started by Richard Hakluyt, September 30, 2011, 01:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Hakluyt

Quite a few of the Languish population are parents, so I thought I may as well find out if you have had the same problem as me re chidren's clothing. The problem is that the clothes keep on shrinking  :mad: !

Every season I dig out the clothes they wore the previous year, find that they are too small and have to go out and buy new ones. I wonder if I'm doing something wrong, using the wrong cycle on the washing machine, over-enthusiastic use of the tumbledrier, the wrong laundry liquid?

It certainly costs a lot of money. Have any of the other Languish parents had this problem? If so, did you find a solution?

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Find some friends or family that also have kids and pool your resources.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Pedrito

It's not the clothes shrinking, it's the boys growing up  :P  ;)

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Valdemar

Shrink th kids... be careful though, I hear backyards are terrible for little ones...

V

Martinus

Gups

Once a year change your kids for smaller models.

Martinus

Quote from: Gups on September 30, 2011, 02:54:41 AM
Once a year change your kids for smaller models.

That's not such a bad idea actually. Parents would raise kids for a year, then give them away to parents who would raise them for another year, and so on. That way you would create parents who are experienced in raising children within a specific age bracket (e.g. 11-12, or 15-16), and who have equipment and facilities for them. It would be a very efficient way of dealing with the current mess, where each family has to manage the entire production process, rather than specializing in a single stage of it.

Josquius

Quote from: Pedrito on September 30, 2011, 02:06:10 AM
It's not the clothes shrinking, it's the boys growing up  :P  ;)

L.
Don't be daft, people don't grow.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Tricky, are you sure your kids aren't just americans & getting fatter? Were you trick at the Hospital?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Brazen

Contact the coach of the former Soviet gym team for some human growth hormone suppressant.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

My 6 yo clothes dont shrink. She just outgrowns them in short order.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on September 30, 2011, 01:45:09 AM

Every season I dig out the clothes they wore the previous year, find that they are too small and have to go out and buy new ones. I wonder if I'm doing something wrong, using the wrong cycle on the washing machine, over-enthusiastic use of the tumbledrier, the wrong laundry liquid?

It certainly costs a lot of money. Have any of the other Languish parents had this problem? If so, did you find a solution?

You aint doing anything wrong in the wash other than being a tight wad.... :D. I bolded the error in your thinking.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".