News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Shirts tearing up around right elbow - Help

Started by Martinus, September 29, 2011, 08:12:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

For guys who often wear shirts, especially for work - I seem to have a problem with tearing holes around my right elbow - I lose about one - two shirts per month this way (I have a total of 15-20 shirts). Is this normal or am I doing something wrong (e.g. buying shirts with too narrow sleeves, or maybe do not have enough shirts so I tear through them that fast, or maybe it's something about washing them?)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

do you rest on your elbow at work? you could be rubbing it thin. especially since it's usually one elbow.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Camerus

Marty's really scraping the bottom of the barrel for attention whoring ideas now.  :lol:

DGuller

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Gups

The shirts are so bored with your tedious narcissism that they commit harr kari?

Tamas

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on September 29, 2011, 08:14:49 AM
Marty's really scraping the bottom of the barrel for attention whoring ideas now.  :lol:

no shit  :lol:

Zanza

A friend of mine has the same problem. In his case it's probably because he is a rather muscular fellow and the sleeves are just too tight for his arms.

I am wearing a shirt everyday and they never seem to grow thin at the elbows. I certainly have never busted a shirt there.

Ideologue

Hey, guys, sometimes I lose socks when I wash my clothes?  Is this normal.  Hey, guys, sometimes my gas light comes on but even though I'm out I don't feel like pumping gas and save it for the next time.  Is this normal?  Hey, guys, sometimes I feel like eating but I don't because I'm busy.  Is this normal?  Hey, guys...
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

ulmont

Quote from: Martinus on September 29, 2011, 08:12:39 AM
For guys who often wear shirts, especially for work - I seem to have a problem with tearing holes around my right elbow - I lose about one - two shirts per month this way (I have a total of 15-20 shirts). Is this normal or am I doing something wrong (e.g. buying shirts with too narrow sleeves, or maybe do not have enough shirts so I tear through them that fast, or maybe it's something about washing them?)

I've never actually had a shirt rip that way, and I have less than 15 shirts I wear for work.  You're either washing them way too often or actively scraping them or something else...

Grey Fox

Quote from: Ideologue on September 29, 2011, 09:17:00 AM
Hey, guys, sometimes I lose socks when I wash my clothes?  Is this normal.  Hey, guys, sometimes my gas light comes on but even though I'm out I don't feel like pumping gas and save it for the next time.  Is this normal?  Hey, guys, sometimes I feel like eating but I don't because I'm busy.  Is this normal?  Hey, guys...

Good, First Step. You need to talk to us more.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Ideologue on September 29, 2011, 09:17:00 AM

:lol:

Now you need to start three or four separate threads a day to discuss each of these very important topics.

garbon

Perhaps Marti, you should consider getting clothes that fit you.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.