News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Shirts tearing up around right elbow - Help

Started by Martinus, September 29, 2011, 08:12:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Well I for one think Languish is an entirely appropriate place to look for advice regarding professional attire. -_-
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

szmik

Quote from: Ideologue on September 29, 2011, 09:17:00 AM
Hey, guys, sometimes I lose socks when I wash my clothes?  Is this normal.  Hey, guys, sometimes my gas light comes on but even though I'm out I don't feel like pumping gas and save it for the next time.  Is this normal?  Hey, guys, sometimes I feel like eating but I don't because I'm busy.  Is this normal?  Hey, guys...
:lmfao:
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

dps

Quote from: ulmont on September 29, 2011, 09:33:56 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 29, 2011, 08:12:39 AM
For guys who often wear shirts, especially for work - I seem to have a problem with tearing holes around my right elbow - I lose about one - two shirts per month this way (I have a total of 15-20 shirts). Is this normal or am I doing something wrong (e.g. buying shirts with too narrow sleeves, or maybe do not have enough shirts so I tear through them that fast, or maybe it's something about washing them?)

I've never actually had a shirt rip that way, and I have less than 15 shirts I wear for work.  You're either washing them way too often or actively scraping them or something else...

If it was a matter of a poor fit, the his shirts would most likely be tearing out at the seams, or he'd be popping the buttons off. 

Ancient Demon

I had the same problem. It was because I was working at a desk all day and was rubbing the elbows through. I switched to short sleeves eventually.
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Caliga

I wash all of my work shirts nearly every week and never once had this happen. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ancient Demon on September 29, 2011, 09:13:51 PM
I had the same problem. It was because I was working at a desk all day and was rubbing the elbows through.

Yup.

Of course, if Marty were a true work-clothes horse, he'd be replacing his shirts before it even happens, white dress shirts < 12 months.

Brazen

Martinus