News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who would you vote for President of Ireland?

Started by Cerr, September 29, 2011, 04:24:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you vote for President of Ireland?

4 (21.1%)
2 (10.5%)
2 (10.5%)
3 (15.8%)
3 (15.8%)
1 (5.3%)
4 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 29, 2011, 01:38:46 PM
Holy hell! Caliga could do the research, quick feed him your ancestors information.

I have Irish ancestors, no idea from where.

Ireland is not very well documented.  I am a Genealogist myself.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on September 29, 2011, 01:40:19 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on September 29, 2011, 01:38:46 PM
Holy hell! Caliga could do the research, quick feed him your ancestors information.

I have Irish ancestors, no idea from where.

Ireland is not very well documented.  I am a Genealogist myself.

Someone was able to trace that part of my family as far back as the 1600s or so.

My Ukrainian side, however...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on September 29, 2011, 01:37:47 PM
I'm pretty sure the Cathcarts wouldn't be caught dead fraternizing with papists.  It was bad enough my mother married a Uke in the 70s (well no, not really).

Heck when my Great-Grandfather married an Irish Catholic woman in the 20th century his family boycotted the wedding...though granted they were Southern Baptists in rural Texas.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on September 29, 2011, 01:42:33 PM
Someone was able to trace that part of my family as far back as the 1600s or so.

My Ukrainian side, however...

That is very impressive.  You can only go back to the 13th century at the earliest anyway since before then last names hadn't been invented for most people unless you are descended from some line of nobility (which granted almost everybody of British descent is to some extent).

Sheilbh

No.1.  I'd like to vote for Eamon O Cuiv if he were running though.
Let's bomb Russia!

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Valmy on September 29, 2011, 01:27:41 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on September 29, 2011, 01:15:03 PM
It's a geographical region.  :angry: The name of the country which takes up most of it is Northern Ireland.

It is a province...there are five traditional provinces of Ireland.  Though Leinster appears to have eaten Meath at some point so now there are four I guess.

Yes, they are also known as fifths, so Ireland is divided into four fifths  :cool:

Maximus

In honour of this thread I decided to extend the Irish branches of my family tree. So far I have counties Tyrone, Cavan, and Monaghan.

Barrister

How does a menno wind up having Irish roots?  I could understand lots of different countries - Germany, Ukraine, Mexico - but Ireland?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Maximus

My maternal grandfather joined the Mennonites. He was of old pioneer stock from SE Ontario-Prince Edward and Peterborough counties. Seems to be of Protestant Irish and Loyalist roots.

Valmy

Quote from: Maximus on September 29, 2011, 02:51:46 PM
My maternal grandfather joined the Mennonites. He was of old pioneer stock from SE Ontario-Prince Edward and Peterborough counties. Seems to be of Protestant Irish and Loyalist roots.

Dear God.  Why would he do such a thing?

Maximus

For a woman.

The Cavan branch of the family tree goes back to Kent, in England, where my great x4 grandfather shares a name and birth year with this guy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sir_Thomas_Hales,_4th_Baronet

Ideologue

Quote from: Valmy on September 29, 2011, 01:27:41 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on September 29, 2011, 01:15:03 PM
It's a geographical region.  :angry: The name of the country which takes up most of it is Northern Ireland.

It is a province...there are five traditional provinces of Ireland.  Though Leinster appears to have eaten Meath at some point so now there are four I guess.

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Valmy

Even the supporters of William of Orange agree on that :P

Cerr