News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Languish marriage poll

Started by Brazen, September 27, 2011, 08:29:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you ever been or intend to be married?

Never married, will never marry
15 (23.1%)
Never married, intend to marry
17 (26.2%)
Currently married
27 (41.5%)
Divorced, will never marry again
4 (6.2%)
Divrorced, intend to marry again
0 (0%)
Divorced, currently married again
2 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 62

HVC

Quote from: Malthus on September 27, 2011, 08:54:51 AM
Quote from: HVC on September 27, 2011, 08:52:06 AM
Quote from: Malthus on September 27, 2011, 08:51:04 AM
Quote from: HVC on September 27, 2011, 08:47:03 AM
Never married and undecided. i have no strong feeling one way or another. if it happens it happens.

Marriage isn't usually the sort of thing that happens to you without your input.  ;)
Shotgun wedding! :contract: :P

Among your kind, this is "usual"?  :hmm:

:P
Actually, yes :D. Portuguese people have the propensity to put the cart before the horse as it were. But i have a back up plan. If the need arises i plan on moving to Mexico and changing my name to Paco. Fool proof!
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 27, 2011, 08:52:00 AM
Not married, no intention of doing so but like Drakken I might be shotgun married by the SoC.

Any particular reason why not?  Not even for tax reasons or whatever?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on September 27, 2011, 08:57:09 AM
Actually, yes :D. Portuguese people have the propensity to put the cart before the horse as it were. But i have a back up plan. If the need arises i plan on moving to Mexico and changing my name to Paco. Fool proof!

You should go to Brazil.  Better parties.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on September 27, 2011, 08:59:59 AM
Not married, no intention of doing so but like Drakken I might be shotgun married by the SoC.

I am what the Quebec calls, a De Facto Union. For Tax purposes, it's the same as been married. The big differences have to do with what happens at separation/death.

There is no need for me to get married. I just see it as an expense of thousands of dollars that I could use for other stuff, like, buying an house.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on September 27, 2011, 09:01:26 AM
Quote from: HVC on September 27, 2011, 08:57:09 AM

You should go to Brazil.  Better parties.
Mexico is easier to enter without a passprt (no paper trail!) and until recently less likely to kill me.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Malthus

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 27, 2011, 09:03:13 AM
Quote from: Valmy on September 27, 2011, 08:59:59 AM

I am what the Quebec calls, a De Facto Union. For Tax purposes, it's the same as been married. The big differences have to do with what happens at separation/death.

There is no need for me to get married. I just see it as an expense of thousands of dollars that I could use for other stuff, like, buying an house.

Could just di the city hall marriage thing. No giant party.

My friend did the giant party thing, what a waste of cash. Of course it wasn't her cash, but still - cost well over $100K. I'd rather have the money ...
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on September 27, 2011, 09:05:10 AM
Mexico is easier to enter without a passprt (no paper trail!) and until recently less likely to kill me.

There are still good places in Mexico. The violence is mostly in certain areas.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

I was talking about the legal thing not the party.

Ideologue

Never married.  Will never marry.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Jacob

What's this all about?

Jacob

Oh and, married and happy about it.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on September 27, 2011, 09:08:31 AM

I was talking about the legal thing not the party.

I don't know why I would want to do that without having the party.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Jacob on September 27, 2011, 09:23:02 AM

What's this all about?

Basically De Facto spouses aren't giving the same protections in Quebec that they get in Common Law jurisdiction. There's a case before the SoC trying to change that, usually call Eric vs Lola (really Guy Laliberté vs one of his ex, a brazilian hottie).

PDH

Oh, I don't know. My marriage ended up costing me all my money (thankfully not a lot), so if I do remarry it will be to reverse that process.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

sbr

Quote from: PDH on September 27, 2011, 09:36:48 AM
Oh, I don't know. My marriage ended up costing me all my money (thankfully not a lot), so if I do remarry it will be to reverse that process.

:D

I was married, then divorced.  Luckily we were young and poor enough that it didn't really cost me anything besides some bath towels and silverware.

Five years later we got back together, but didn't re-marry.  Shockingly it didn't work out that time either.  Now I am single but the thought of dating is no longer revolting, not likely to remarry but who knows.