Total War series: general advice and mod suggestions needed, pls

Started by Pedrito, September 27, 2011, 08:15:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

I'm not a huge fan of TW games as I am not a fan of RTS style but I have been having some fun with the Nappy game recently.

Pedrito

Rome crashes after few turns.  :(  And Medieval too  :cry:

and my laptop is unable to handle Empire and Napoleon  :weep:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Pedrito

Quote from: Pedrito on October 19, 2011, 03:35:59 AM

L.
I managed to solve Rome's problems and now I'm enjoying A LOT the long campaign with the Iulii family.
The engine is maybe a bit outdated, but it's extr fun nonetheless.
I'm playing vanilla for now, after ending the first campaign I'll try some mods.

Kicking Gauls' asses around while conquering my home town and making it faction capital: PRICELESS.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Solmyr

So, having got all the TW games, should I even bother playing Empire without mods? Seems the main two are Empire Realism and DarthMod, which one should I pick?

What about Napoleon, does it need mods or is it playable as is?

grumbler

Quote from: Solmyr on January 19, 2012, 11:24:23 AM
So, having got all the TW games, should I even bother playing Empire without mods? Seems the main two are Empire Realism and DarthMod, which one should I pick?

What about Napoleon, does it need mods or is it playable as is?
I don't see any reason to play vanilla Empire with Darthmod already polished (I did it, and never went back once I'd upgraded).  There is a Darthmod for Napoleon that looks worthwhile, but I haven't moved past Empire yet.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Siege

Quote from: Pedrito on October 19, 2011, 03:35:59 AM

and my laptop is unable to handle Empire and Napoleon  :weep:

L.

You need some cash, bro.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"