News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Poor Glenn

Started by Slargos, September 26, 2011, 01:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

I was just chatting with Glenn, a boy of merely 12, full of the mirth built of ignorance of what life will throw at him. We meandered into philosophy (not that the lad would realize it, of course, being only schooled on an american college student's level), and I asked him if he's read The Phantom, noting that it has surprisingly many good lessons on how to be a moral man what with only being a comic. Glenn grinned his toothy grin and nodded knowingly. At this, Glenn's mother blanched and from her copious pig-like face roared opposition.

"What kind of bullshit are you teaching him?"

At this, I merely smiled and chuckled in response, expecting that she was either joking, or one of those idiots. Quite probably both. She didn't have to say it, but it was in the air: "Violence is never the solution."

"To always be fair, but unyielding in the face of injustice."

In a great huff, she waddled away, and I was spared a sermon. Obviously, she was dead serious.

Poor Glenn, indeed.

The Brain

Chopping off your ears is a good lesson?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

Quote from: The Brain on September 26, 2011, 01:15:55 PM
Chopping off your ears is a good lesson?

Apparently, you can't make a silk purse out of them.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

dps

Other than Grallon, I'm not sure any person on this board would be less of a good choice to mentor a 12 year old boy than Slargos.

Slargos

Quote from: dps on September 26, 2011, 02:31:26 PM
Other than Grallon, I'm not sure any person on this board would be less of a good choice to mentor a 12 year old boy than Slargos.
Pfft.  :rolleyes:

Habbaku

Raz.  Martinus.  Grumbler.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

Quote from: Habbaku on September 26, 2011, 02:44:17 PM

I imagine Grumbler works well with children.  I used to be good with children.  Now I just frighten them and give them nightmares.  Same thing with adults for some reason.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: Habbaku on September 26, 2011, 02:44:17 PM

True. I can't stand children. I only want gays to be able to adopt because I want fundies to go into hysterics.

Grallon

I'd be an excellent mentor - guiding them slowly but surely towards their 15th birthday. ^_^

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Malthus

So, the topic is which Languishite would be worst with kids? Hell, *that* narrows it down.  :lol:

Actually, Slargos would probably be pretty good with 12 year old boys. Shares a lot of interests in common with 12 year olds - shooting stuff, fast motorcycles, comic books, simplistic answers to social problems ...  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

I imagine Grumbler would be pretty cool to have as a mentor actually.

Slargos

Quote from: Malthus on September 26, 2011, 03:31:21 PM
So, the topic is which Languishite would be worst with kids? Hell, *that* narrows it down.  :lol:

Actually, Slargos would probably be pretty good with 12 year old boys. Shares a lot of interests in common with 12 year olds - shooting stuff, fast motorcycles, comic books, simplistic answers to social problems ...  :P

and i wear that badge with pride :P

hell, the matronly types always gush about how good i am with children  :sleep:

HVC

Quote from: Slargos on September 26, 2011, 03:48:49 PM

Childish minds think alike :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Malthus

Quote from: Slargos on September 26, 2011, 03:48:49 PM

They are lying to you. They are just flattering you, because they want to have sex with you.

Next time one gushes about how good you are with kids, reply: "wanna try for some?"