And we're back!

Main Menu

8 year olds cage fight in Britain

Started by jimmy olsen, September 23, 2011, 08:22:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: derspiess on September 23, 2011, 11:59:27 AM
Kids these days :D

I get a kick out of watching my son and nephew do the Oklahoma drill in my brother's living room. 
:unsure:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Razgovory

Quote from: HVC on September 23, 2011, 12:00:38 PM
Quote from: derspiess on September 23, 2011, 11:59:27 AM
Kids these days :D

I get a kick out of watching my son and nephew do the Oklahoma drill in my brother's living room. 
:unsure:

My guess is that it includes sodomy.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Iormlund

I took part in several karate competitions as a kid. We had stricter rules than adults, true, but nobody raised an eyebrow when we entered the tatami. And that shit could be dangerous. During my first competition, for example, a kid got accidentally hit on the throat and the paramedics had to intervene to get him to breath again.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Iormlund on September 23, 2011, 12:37:08 PM
I took part in several karate competitions as a kid. We had stricter rules than adults, true, but nobody raised an eyebrow when we entered the tatami. And that shit could be dangerous. During my first competition, for example, a kid got accidentally hit on the throat and the paramedics had to intervene to get him to breath again.

Tatami  :rolleyes:

Does no one fight on the rock hard ground with great razor sharp rocks protruding all round them.

Martinus

Quote from: Warspite on September 23, 2011, 09:54:36 AM
When I was eight, I pretty much did cage fight all the time, except without the cage, and without gloves, and with clothes on. And on the tarmac of the playground, rather than canvas.

There are many things that kids can do on their own, but that become quite creepy when parents egg them on to do and watch them doing it.

Like playing doctor, for example.

Iormlund

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 23, 2011, 01:10:13 PM

Does no one fight on the rock hard ground with great razor sharp rocks protruding all round them.

Not with adults watching. That's what recess was for.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Iormlund on September 23, 2011, 01:19:37 PM

Ok, for a moment there I thought you were getting soft.

@ Marti - Your internet persona is becoming a tired.  Give it a rest - a long rest.

Martinus

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 23, 2011, 01:21:15 PM
Quote from: Iormlund on September 23, 2011, 01:19:37 PM

Ok, for a moment there I thought you were getting soft.

@ Marti - Your internet persona is becoming a tired.  Give it a rest - a long rest.

Your internet persona has been stale for months. I hope you are not like that in real life. :)

Warspite

We couldn't afford razor sharp rocks. Oh, how we used to dream of those. No, we had to fight on precarious tarmac ledges poised over furious lava flows.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

crazy canuck

Quote from: Warspite on September 23, 2011, 01:24:53 PM

We couldn't afford razor sharp rocks. Oh, how we used to dream of those. No, we had to fight on precarious tarmac ledges poised over furious lava flows.

Bah, one does not buy razor sharp rocks, they are formed from dull blunt rocks from the collisions of combatants on the rocks over the ages.

That is if you live in a place that puts little value on fighting on tatami or tarmac.

Warspite

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 23, 2011, 01:31:03 PM
Quote from: Warspite on September 23, 2011, 01:24:53 PM

Bah, one does not buy razor sharp rocks, they are formed from dull blunt rocks from the collisions of combatants on the rocks over the ages.

That is if you live in a place that puts little value on fighting on tatami or tarmac.

No, but you can sell what razor sharp rocks you do have for coal in the winter.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall