News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Magna Mundi - The Game

Started by ubik, September 22, 2011, 10:51:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Quote from: Viking on July 19, 2012, 05:06:36 PM
when I read through that forum the first time I got the impression that half the posters were ubik sock puppets or fanbois.

That UpperLorraine guy is hilarious.

sbr

garbon

I think odd about sums that up...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Solmyr

Their website seems to have died.

grumbler

Quote from: sbr on August 14, 2012, 12:16:15 AM
http://forum.universo-virtual.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4557

I don't even know where to start so I will just leave the link.

Thanks for "just leaving" the non-existent link!  That's a mercy killing if there ever was one.  :lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

sbr

It existed when I left it.  Or did it?

Schrodinger's link.  :ph34r:

garbon

G shows up 10-days late. No big.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maladict

So it just disappeared? No more drama?  :cry:

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Maladict on September 25, 2012, 01:35:44 PM

Oh no, you poor deluded naive fools, this is just the prologue for the horror to come.

Secret R&D teams continue work on the Magna Mundi code, and soon the time will come when the beta is released on an unsuspecting world.  But once an attempt is made to run the fully operational beta's fiendishly complex HRE mechanics, the consequence will be a fatal system collapse, which, via internet connections, will spread like wildfire, transforming into the worst computer virus ever conceived.  Within a matter of hours, the entire electronic global infrastructure will crash, resulting in mass panics and a total collapse of modern civilization.  Out of its ruins will arise new warlords and would-be kings leading ragtag batallions armed with clubs, picks and the occasional crude firearm. 

Only at that point will ubik's true design goals be revealed: the creation of a perfect, worldwide, living simulation of late medieval and early modern politics, diplomacy, trade and warfare.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Viking

and when it becomes self aware it will initiate judgement day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81Qhw81jTU8

the last message we will get will be "oh, so you think the map sux? die die die all you muthafuckers gotta die!!!!!1111oneoneone"
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 25, 2012, 02:32:15 PM

Oh no, you poor deluded naive fools, this is just the prologue for the horror to come.

Secret R&D teams continue work on the Magna Mundi code, and soon the time will come when the beta is released on an unsuspecting world.  But once an attempt is made to run the fully operational beta's fiendishly complex HRE mechanics, the consequence will be a fatal system collapse, which, via internet connections, will spread like wildfire, transforming into the worst computer virus ever conceived.  Within a matter of hours, the entire electronic global infrastructure will crash, resulting in mass panics and a total collapse of modern civilization.  Out of its ruins will arise new warlords and would-be kings leading ragtag batallions armed with clubs, picks and the occasional crude firearm. 

Only at that point will ubik's true design goals be revealed: the creation of a perfect, worldwide, living simulation of late medieval and early modern politics, diplomacy, trade and warfare.

:D

Queequeg

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 25, 2012, 02:32:15 PM

This is the first post in long years to make me laugh this hard.   :lmfao:
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

What is up with that website? That said, I do like the picture of the Northern Caribbean. :D

garbon

And the wallpapers are pictures of the Devs...:unsure: