I'm not getting enjoyment out of anything anymore.

Started by Razgovory, September 20, 2011, 09:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on September 21, 2011, 02:43:46 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 21, 2011, 02:38:11 AM
I know this sounds trite, and not sure if that is applicable/doable in your situation, but both "real life" human contact and being busy with things alleviate these feelings. So getting a job that would feel your day would be a solution.

That being said I am not sure if that's helpful at all - and also it may be a deeper medical condition, as you say yourself, in which my common sense advice would be insufficient.

What you say maybe true, but I'm not sure how useful it is.  I'm really not good around people and it's doubtful anyone would hire me.  Job interviewer are often put off by the subject talking to himself or an inanimate object.  Or simply not remembering the last time I held a job.  Best Buy might work though, since the answer to the question of "What is your strongest asset", would be answered by something along the lines of "causing human suffering", which I was once quite good at.  When I was young and hated my fellow man.  I'm not sure I could even do that anymore.

I edited the post to add another solution - volunteer for some social help programme. They are much less picky about their candidates, and you may find some satisfaction in it, that is greater than working for Best Buy. :)

Martinus

Quote from: The Brain on September 21, 2011, 02:44:59 AM
Mart, I don't think volunteering for a pogrom would work in America.

It's gotta start somewhere. He could poison the wells or bake cakes out of Christian babies' blood. Think out of the box.

Ideologue

Quote from: Martinus on September 21, 2011, 02:45:28 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 21, 2011, 02:38:11 AM
I know this sounds trite, and not sure if that is applicable/doable in your situation, but both "real life" human contact and being busy with things alleviate these feelings. So getting a job that would feel your day would be a solution.

That being said I am not sure if that's helpful at all - and also it may be a deeper medical condition, as you say yourself, in which my common sense advice would be insufficient.

What you say maybe true, but I'm not sure how useful it is.  I'm really not good around people and it's doubtful anyone would hire me.  Job interviewer are often put off by the subject talking to himself or an inanimate object.  Or simply not remembering the last time I held a job.  Best Buy might work though, since the answer to the question of "What is your strongest asset", would be answered by something along the lines of "causing human suffering", which I was once quite good at.  When I was young and hated my fellow man.  I'm not sure I could even do that anymore.

I edited the post to add another solution - volunteer for some social help programme. They are much less picky about their candidates

You'd be surprised. <_<

Raz gave me an idea for a poll, though.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on September 21, 2011, 12:16:09 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 20, 2011, 11:37:25 PM
Quote from: viper37 on September 20, 2011, 11:35:54 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 20, 2011, 09:53:02 PM
I haven't been able to really enjoy anything for almost a year now. 
I really tought you enjoyed trolling my threads.

I was not trolling. :)  I genuinely don't understand why you and grallon are like that.

French Canadian?
:P

FYP :)

Brazen

I like exercise as a way of killing time. Not only does it make you look and feel better, it gets you out in daylight which elevates your mood. Changing, working out, showering and changing again can easily kill two hours. I only get time to read on my commute and having time to watch an entire film is so rare I really appreciate the time to sit down and watch them.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on September 21, 2011, 02:45:28 AM
They are much less picky about their candidates, and you may find some satisfaction in it, that is greater than working for Best Buy. :)

I don't know, man...those employee discounts at Best Buy are fucking boss.  When I worked part-time there one summer a few years ago, I think I actually spent more than I earned.

Martinus

Quote from: Brazen on September 21, 2011, 04:27:19 AM
I like exercise as a way of killing time. Not only does it make you look and feel better, it gets you out in daylight which elevates your mood. Changing, working out, showering and changing again can easily kill two hours. I only get time to read on my commute and having time to watch an entire film is so rare I really appreciate the time to sit down and watch them.

Yeah, that's true. Exercising does improve one's mood - it's both chemical (it releases endorphins) and the sense of doing something with yourself/improving that is rewarding.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on September 21, 2011, 06:10:33 AMYeah, that's true. Exercising does improve one's mood - it's both chemical (it releases endorphins) and the sense of doing something with yourself/improving that is rewarding.

Meh, fitness clubs are such a pain in the ass.

"...and here is one of our stair machines, and here are our stationary bikes."
"Where's the ashtray?"

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 21, 2011, 06:12:14 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 21, 2011, 06:10:33 AMYeah, that's true. Exercising does improve one's mood - it's both chemical (it releases endorphins) and the sense of doing something with yourself/improving that is rewarding.

Meh, fitness clubs are such a pain in the ass.

"...and here is one of our stair machines, and here are our stationary bikes."
"Where's the ashtray?"

Yeah, a reason I got a personal trainer - otherwise I lack motivation to go there every week.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on September 21, 2011, 06:14:15 AM
Yeah, a reason I got a personal trainer -

He did explain to you that blow jobs don't come with the regimen, right?

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 21, 2011, 06:15:13 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 21, 2011, 06:14:15 AM
Yeah, a reason I got a personal trainer -

He did explain to you that blow jobs don't come with the regimen, right?

I'm working on it. He may be gay - you never know.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Gups

What you say maybe true, but I'm not sure how useful it is.  I'm really not good around people and it's doubtful anyone would hire me. 

That's just an excuse for not trying.

Do some voluntary work. Do some exercise.

You won't get any better at interacting with people but not interacting with people.