Best Buy to Brits: Fuck you, and your color TV taxes

Started by CountDeMoney, September 20, 2011, 06:07:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Starbucks has relatively good coffee and they are a good employer. I think people shit on them mainly because it's "trendy" but they are one of the good guys in the corporate world, imo.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Brazen

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on September 21, 2011, 06:03:00 AM
Well British places for having a coffee in always used to be crap, so to have an American-type place where we can drink a decent coffee in is pretty positive.
In the cruddier bits of the country maybe, but in London the coffee shops used to be exclusively run by Italian baristas with huge steaming espresso machines.

Richard Hakluyt

Ideologue

Quote from: Warspite on September 21, 2011, 06:18:51 AM
People don't avoid Starbucks because it's American, they avoid it because their coffees have more sugar in them than a slice of fudge. :yuk:

I'll have both, thanks.  :bowler:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on September 21, 2011, 01:17:13 AM
I like Taco Bell because you can substitute beans for any meat in any given product.  You can't do that at, say, McDonald's.
So you're willing to tolerate their horrid food because of your faggot veggie ways?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Neil on September 21, 2011, 07:23:04 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on September 21, 2011, 01:17:13 AM
I like Taco Bell because you can substitute beans for any meat in any given product.  You can't do that at, say, McDonald's.
So you're willing to tolerate their horrid food because of your faggot veggie ways?

It's well documented that Ide is the worse eater of this forum.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on September 21, 2011, 06:19:56 AM
Starbucks has relatively good coffee and they are a good employer. I think people shit on them mainly because it's "trendy" but they are one of the good guys in the corporate world, imo.
And don't forget the part about having to wade through a sea of fags trying to show off their Apple products just to get to the counter.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Siege

Why is it that euros don't like buying in big stores?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Brazen

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on September 21, 2011, 06:35:47 AM
Yes, but there were never very many of them.
Because we drink tea. Coffee is for foreigners and homosexuals!

Ed Anger

I've begun to loathe the super stores myself. 300,000 square feet? fuck that shit. I'm taking the scooter up front. They see me rollin', they hatin.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

AnchorClanker

Vaguely related - A buddy of mine brought his blue Ford Mustang over to the UK... in a town loaded with expensive cars (lots of Leeds lawyers and accountants live in Harrogate) - he received multiple notes under his wiperblades to the tune of "Hey Yank, when you go back to the States and don't wish to haul this back, I'll but it off you - call me..."

Amazing.  I've heard of some guys buying classic American cars that need work and hauling it to the UK for gearheads to buy and fix up... seemed to be quite a few in Yorkshire in any case.

Also - Taco Bell *did* try to get into the UK market and failed... they are making a 2nd try last I knew.
That would be good - that was one of the things I really missed while I was there - Mexican food.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Ed Anger

Quote from: AnchorClanker on September 21, 2011, 03:53:44 PM
Vaguely related - A buddy of mine brought his blue Ford Mustang over to the UK... in a town loaded with expensive cars (lots of Leeds lawyers and accountants live in Harrogate) - he received multiple notes under his wiperblades to the tune of "Hey Yank, when you go back to the States and don't wish to haul this back, I'll but it off you - call me..."

Amazing.  I've heard of some guys buying classic American cars that need work and hauling it to the UK for gearheads to buy and fix up... seemed to be quite a few in Yorkshire in any case.

Also - Taco Bell *did* try to get into the UK market and failed... they are making a 2nd try last I knew.
That would be good - that was one of the things I really missed while I was there - Mexican food.

I don't think Ford exports the Mustang to the UK. I looked at the UK site, and it all crap. Focus? Fiesta? Girl shit.

I also don't think Dodge exports the Charger and Challenger.

Funniest car I saw in the UK was a Hummer H2 or H3. Laughed my ass off.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive