News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Parti Québécois Balkanizes

Started by jimmy olsen, September 19, 2011, 11:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

I wonder, how does this relates to the Balkan?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Zoupa

Quote from: Malthus on September 20, 2011, 07:31:45 AM
Heh.

QuoteLast week was a disastrous one for Mr. Charest as the issue of corruption and organized crime in the provincial construction industry resurfaced with a vengeance. A leaked report from the Liberal government's own anti-collusion squad detailed how bikers and the Mafia had infiltrated the province's highway construction industry. Transport Department employees were ill-equipped to confront elaborate schemes aimed at defrauding the government, the report found. In some cases, civil servants were actually complicit in construction firms' collusion.

Remember how pissed off you guys were to have Quebec branded as a province with a major organized crime and corruption problem?

Yes I remember. Your point?

Zoupa

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 20, 2011, 09:17:24 AM
We would be more satisfied if the Toronto media would never talk about us.

Bingo. In any way, positive or negative.

Grallon

Regarding the corruption - it's real and it's widespread.  That detestable little crook, Jean Charest, a man I abominate almost to the level I abominate Muslims, has been busy over the last 8 years to undermine and weaken our people's national state.

That is what federalists do in Quebec: they attack their own people, their own institutions.  They preach resignation and assimilation.  All of which is done with a zeal no doubt fueled by the sure knowledge of what would happen to the lot of them come Independence: lined up against the wall and executed for treason.  <_<

I'm day-dreaming again.  *shakes head*

-----

It's so depressing.  To think we emerged from the Great Darkness in the 60s only to sink slowly into this... fossilized, decaying immobility - all in the space of 2 generations...  And without having realized our full potential as a people.

That's what we are: a still-born people.  :(

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Berkut

Huh. So there is some kind of rampant corruption problem in Quebec, and the victims of that corruption are angry that people are talking about it, rather than being angry that they are being stolen from?

How very...provincial. It's kind of like domestic violence almost - sure, being abused is bad, but not nearly as bad as other people knowing about it!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Zoupa

Oh snap out of it already Grallon. Corruption has nothing to do with federalists or sovereignists and everything to do with basic human greed and fear.

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on September 20, 2011, 11:34:53 AM
Huh. So there is some kind of rampant corruption problem in Quebec, and the victims of that corruption are angry that people are talking about it, rather than being angry that they are being stolen from?

How very...provincial. It's kind of like domestic violence almost - sure, being abused is bad, but not nearly as bad as other people knowing about it!

I am not sure where you are getting that from.  Having a problem with murder in your city, and recognizing that, doesn't mean you are delighted at your town being labelled 'murdercity'.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zoupa

No  :mellow:

The press and people in general are up in arms since the report was leaked last week. I mean everybody heard stories about certain southern italian folks on construction sites, but this seems to reach right into the Transports Ministry.

QuoteHow very...provincial. It's kind of like domestic violence almost - sure, being abused is bad, but not nearly as bad as other people knowing about it!

Well, I'll leave you to debate this made up point on your own.

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on September 20, 2011, 11:38:15 AM

I am not sure where you are getting that from.  Having a problem with murder in your city, and having a problem with it, doesn't mean you are delighted at your town being labelled 'murdercity'.

Yeah, but if I am living in a town where there appears to be an inordinate amount of murders, I would not really concern myself with what other people are saying about it nearly as much as I would be concerned about being murdered.

0 rows returned

Grallon

What are you talking about?  Everyone wants full disclosure except that maggot Prime Minister who keeps the lid on it because he knows he, his party and his government would be blown out of the water should full light be shed on the extent of the problem.  And since he's been elected for 5 years nothing can be done until 2013 at least.  That's what he's banking on of course.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on September 20, 2011, 11:40:24 AM
Yeah, but if I am living in a town where there appears to be an inordinate amount of murders, I would not really concern myself with what other people are saying about it nearly as much as I would be concerned about being murdered.

Pretty sure you can be concerned with more than one thing at once.  Where are you getting that Quebec is more concerned with people talking about the corruption than the corrupton itself?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

Quote from: Zoupa on September 20, 2011, 11:40:19 AM

No  :mellow:

The press and people in general are up in arms since the report was leaked last week. I mean everybody heard stories about certain southern italian folks on construction sites, but this seems to reach right into the Transports Ministry.

QuoteHow very...provincial. It's kind of like domestic violence almost - sure, being abused is bad, but not nearly as bad as other people knowing about it!

Well, I'll leave you to debate this made up point on your own.

Ahhh, I guess the posters in this thread expressing annoyance that people are talking about this must have meant something else. Or the people, who shall remain unnamed, whose response to it being mentioned was to ask that the press not talk about Quebec at all.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on September 20, 2011, 11:41:30 AM
Quote from: Berkut on September 20, 2011, 11:40:24 AM

Pretty sure you can be concerned with more than one thing at once.  Where are you getting that Quebec is more concerned with people talking about the corruption than the corrupton itself?

Just talking about the people in this thread. I have no idea what people in Quebec in general are concerned about.

0 rows returned

Zoupa

Berkut, you often do this. Make up an argument in your head, then proceed to demolish it and be all snide about it.

Berkut

Quote from: Zoupa on September 20, 2011, 11:50:02 AM
Berkut, you often do this. Make up an argument in your head, then proceed to demolish it and be all snide about it.

Jesus, being called snide by Zoupa! That can't be good.

However, the argument isn't really about me, is it? I wonder why you would immediately try to turn this into some kind of personal thing when I ask you why you care more about people talking about corruption than the corruption itself? Hmmmm......

Oh shit, was I being snide again???

0 rows returned