Barack Obama doesn't care about black people

Started by Caliga, April 23, 2009, 01:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

'Homeless Henrietta Hughes' has a nice WWE-sounding ring to it.  :cool:

QuoteStill jobless, woman who asked Obama for home faces losing it
Homeless Henrietta Hughes made tearful plea for help from President Obama

(CNN) -- The homeless Florida woman who made a tearful plea for help from President Obama earlier this year is still jobless and might be homeless again.

President Obama greets Henrietta Hughes during a town hall meeting in Fort Myers, Florida, on February 10.

Henrietta Hughes caught the nation's attention in February when she asked for help during one of Obama's town hall meetings.

After her plea, Hughes was given a free home to live in temporarily. But she is still struggling to find a job and might soon lose that home, CNN television affiliate WINK reported Thursday.

Hughes, who is in her 60s, goes to an employment center in Fort Myers in hopes of finding a job.

"It's almost our second home," Hughes told WINK.

She and her son have taken a computer class at the center to help land work. Hughes said she has applied for as many jobs as possible but has struck out. Her son has had no luck either.

Now Hughes says time is running out. The home she lives in was donated by the wife of a Florida lawmaker. Once the house sells, Hughes will have to leave.

Hughes worries that she could end up living in her car again.

Her plea to Obama came as he promoted his economic stimulus plan at a town hall meeting in southwest Florida.

After talking about the plan, the president opened the floor to questions from the crowd.

"I have an urgent need -- unemployment and homelessness, a very small vehicle for my family and I to live in," Hughes said at the time. "The housing authority has two-years waiting lists, and we need something more than the vehicle and the parks to go to. We need our own kitchen and our own bathroom. Please help."

Hughes said her son had lost his job, leaving them homeless.

At the time, Obama gave Hughes a kiss on the cheek and a promise: "We're going to do everything we can to help you, but there are a lot of people like you."
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

At the time, Obama gave Hughes a kiss on the cheek and a promise: "We're going to do everything we can to help you, but there are a lot of people like you."

Damn, he be cold.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on April 23, 2009, 01:14:36 PM
Where is Kanye's OUTRAGE  :mad:

Haven't you heard, Kanye is now about killing them with kindness? New PR angle.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

fhdz

QuoteAt the time, Obama gave Hughes a kiss on the cheek and a promise: "We're going to do everything we can to help you, but there are a lot of people like you."

and the horse you rode in on

Caliga

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."