Ex-Marine to be awarded Medal of Honor; Saved 13 American & 23 Afghan Soldiers

Started by jimmy olsen, September 15, 2011, 08:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

Its called the chaplain invocation.
Every military official activity begins with one.
They are suppossed to keep it neutral so it can apply to all religions and it doens;t offend anybody.
This is not the way it always happens. I have had to call chaplains out, and let them know not all american soldiers are christians.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Neil

Quote from: Zoupa on September 16, 2011, 05:50:34 PM
I don't understand how you can have a prayer in an official ceremony of state.
Of course you do.  You're not stupid, you're just from a different cultural millieu, a post-Christian one.  Instead of god, your people believe in the things like animals rights or environmentalism.  It's just a different expression of the religious impulse.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on September 16, 2011, 06:06:35 PM
Its called the chaplain invocation.
Every military official activity begins with one.
They are suppossed to keep it neutral so it can apply to all religions and it doens;t offend anybody.
This is not the way it always happens. I have had to call chaplains out, and let them know not all american soldiers are christians.

Do you call them "chappy"?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Siege

This is from the article:

"He is an infantryman and scout sniper also trained as a combat lifesaver. At the time of his deployment to combat duty in Afghanistan he was serving as a turret gunner and driver."

This is extremely retarded, the way the writter is saying this.
Infantryman, scout sniper, CLS (combat lifesaver), turret gunner and driver are not similar.

- Infantryman is an MOS (military occupational speciality), its what kind of soldier you are, like infantry, combat engeneer, tank crewman, military police, military intelligence, cook, supply, artilleryman, cavalry scout, mechanic, etc. and it takes over 4 months of straight training to get your basic qualification.

- Scout sniper is an additional skill indentifier, meaning you have your MOS, and then the adittional skill identifier. Scout sniper in the marines is a 3 months school, and mininmum requirements are to be an infantryman, E-3 rank, GT score of 110 or higher, expert with the M16/M4. In the Army Scout Sniper school is divided between Sniper and Recon school. You have to pass your unit selection to get this school.

- CLS (combat lifesaver) is just a 40 hours school mandatory for EVERY soldier and marine regardless of MOS. It is ridiculous to mention this as a something special.

- Turret gunner is just a position in the vehicle, which rotates among the squad. Everybody in the squad have to man the turret sooner or later. There is no special training for this, other than qualifiying with the M2 machinegun, which every infantryman have to do.

- Driver is just another position. Everybody rotates through the steering wheel. A couple days of driving training that all soldiers, not just the infantrymen, get.

Bottom line, you don;t say "he was serving as the turret gunner and driver", let alone mention CLS.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Siege on September 16, 2011, 06:06:35 PM
I have had to call chaplains out, and let them know not all american soldiers are christians.

Onward, Christian soldiers, marching as to war,
    With the cross of Jesus going on before.
    Christ, the royal Master, leads against the foe;
    Forward into battle see His banners go!
        Refrain:
        Onward, Christian soldiers, marching as to war,
        With the cross of Jesus going on before.
    At the sign of triumph Satan's host doth flee;
    On then, Christian soldiers, on to victory!
    Hell's foundations quiver at the shout of praise;
    Brothers, lift your voices, loud your anthems raise.
    Like a mighty army moves the church of God;
    Brothers, we are treading where the saints have trod.
    We are not divided, all one body we,
    One in hope and doctrine, one in charity.
    Crowns and thrones may perish, kingdoms rise and wane,
    But the church of Jesus constant will remain.
    Gates of hell can never 'gainst that church prevail;
    We have Christ's own promise, and that cannot fail.
    Onward then, ye people, join our happy throng,
    Blend with ours your voices in the triumph song.
    Glory, laud, and honor unto Christ the King,
    This through countless ages men and angels sing.

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Ed Anger

I want to meet Zoups, and start praying in front of him.

Zoups: Hello! I'm.....
Me: HAIL MARY FULL OF GRACE! THE LORD IS MY SAVIOUR!
Zoups: Nooooooooooooo! I'm Burning! *dies*
Me: Another heathen vanquished. *halo appears over my head*
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Zoupa

I only have issues with religion in a national or state context.

Y'all can be as crazy as you want in your private life, praying with snakes and shit.

Dumb yanks.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Zoupa on September 16, 2011, 07:10:06 PM

Y'all can be as crazy as you want in your private life, praying with snakes and shit.

Dumb yanks.

I actually seen snake handlers in action. Last time I'd go with a friend to his church.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Scipio

Well, well.  I guess we know who's up against the wall when Zoupa's revolution comes.  Those of us NOT horrified by public displays of religion at government memorial services.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Zoupa

Quote from: Scipio on September 16, 2011, 07:15:32 PM
Well, well.  I guess we know who's up against the wall when Zoupa's revolution comes.  Those of us NOT horrified by public displays of religion at government memorial services.

:frog: Indeed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jules_Ferry_laws

They taught me well.

Sheilbh

Dumb yanks.
How does it work in Canada? 

Here of course it's standard.  The Monarch's the Supreme Governor of the Church of England, Defender of the Faith and all the rest.  Parliament opens every day with a prayer, our state events are presided over by the state church.  How's that Anglican heritage been transformed in Canada (or for that matter Australia or New Zealand)?
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Dumb yanks.

Yeah, we don't have a national language, yet the treaty is written in English.  The horror.  Soldiers desire a particular service (chaplains), and the government provides it.  I don't know see how that is crazy.