Ex-Marine to be awarded Medal of Honor; Saved 13 American & 23 Afghan Soldiers

Started by jimmy olsen, September 15, 2011, 08:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Wow the patio outside the Oval Office looks like just the back patio at Trudy's the restaurant my Brother-in-law works  :hmm:

That is one hell of a story.  It is a pretty big deal when one of these things is awarded and even rarer for it not to be postumous.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on September 15, 2011, 08:15:30 AM
Wow the patio outside the Oval Office looks like just the back patio at Trudy's the restaurant my Brother-in-law works  :hmm:

That is one hell of a story.  It is a pretty big deal when one of these things is awarded and even rarer for it not to be postumous.
:o
Your brother in law is secretly the president!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 15, 2011, 08:24:45 PM
Your brother in law is secretly the president!

No, I believe the term Valmy uses for BHO is "brother from a different mother."
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Zoupa

I stopped the video when the soldier chick said "please pray with me".

What the fuck is wrong with you guys, seriously.

Razgovory

Quote from: Zoupa on September 15, 2011, 11:07:38 PM

We are a military superpower.  It's difficult to get people to willingly sacrifice their lives with out the belief in a higher power.  Or the heavy use of blocking detachments.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

citizen k

You can just pretend to pray.  :rolleyes:

jimmy olsen

Hmm...guess the video updated.

It's a ceremony Zoupa, honoring not just the living but the soldiers who've passed away. What do you expect?

President's opening remarks were amusing.

Here's the original video that chronicle his exploits
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032619/#44429285

1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

[siege]
So we're giving this guy a medal for the towel-heads being 10 up?
[/siege]
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

They are americans, what did you expect?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

Does a priest say a prayer at a Quebecker funeral?  Or do you guys light up a fatty and fuck around the casket?

Grey Fox

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 16, 2011, 06:04:22 AM
Does a priest say a prayer at a Quebecker funeral?  Or do you guys light up a fatty and fuck around the casket?

Depends who died. Sometimes a priest shows up, for 60$, and prays & all the little hypocrite sheep that is the baby boomer generation prays with him.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

We have respect for tradition and decorum -_-
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zoupa

Yeah this isn't a funeral, they're not in a church, so chill out Yi.

Is the US government a christian state? Serious question. I don't understand how you can have a prayer in an official ceremony of state. It just makes me uncomfortable.