Children's Games (Garbon Warning: Carl-Related)

Started by Malthus, April 23, 2009, 09:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Oexmelin on May 01, 2009, 10:37:08 AM
Quote from: Malthus on May 01, 2009, 10:24:25 AM
with the occasional "crab" or "postman" thrown in just to keep things interesting.  :lol:

?

That could easily be where he gets it from - or at least re-enforces it, with his love of all things Tintin. He was talking of crabs before he got into his Tintin phase - their habits (of pinching) are something he loves to imitate.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Razgovory

The fun will steeply decline in about 10 years.  Cute little Carl will be harrasing you for the keys to the hover car so he can take his girlfriend to the beachs of Hudson Bay.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Malthus

Quote from: Razgovory on May 01, 2009, 12:10:10 PM
The fun will steeply decline in about 10 years.  Cute little Carl will be harrasing you for the keys to the hover car so he can take his girlfriend to the beachs of Hudson Bay.

At 13? He'll be shit out of luck.  :lol:

But yeah, the teenage years are likely to be a trial.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on May 01, 2009, 12:11:31 PM

Not everything has to do with the law. :rolleyes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on May 01, 2009, 12:52:37 PM
Quote from: Malthus on May 01, 2009, 12:11:31 PM

Not everything has to do with the law. :rolleyes:

Speaking of someone being a trial ...  :lol:

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on May 01, 2009, 01:07:04 PM
Speaking of someone being a trial ...  :lol:

I was the easiest child that my parents raised. :goodboy:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on May 01, 2009, 02:15:34 PM

I was the easiest child that my parents raised. :goodboy:

Saved it all up for us, eh?  ;)

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on May 01, 2009, 02:28:52 PM

Yes, I foresaw that one day there would be a place called Languish where everyone would be soft, namby pambys (aka perfect targets for my blindly fueled rage). :smarty:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Malthus on May 01, 2009, 10:24:25 AM
Quote from: PDH on May 01, 2009, 10:21:38 AM
Quote from: Malthus on May 01, 2009, 10:17:05 AM
Even better, when Carl was playing Tintin, he cast me as the Captain - and my wife as the dog, Snowy.  :lol:
Who did he cast as the African sub-humans?

He was a trifle vague on that point. To him, so far at least, antagonists are simply "bad guys" and he doesn't differentiate between 'em much - some are "monsters" and others are "aliens", with the occasional "crab" or "postman" thrown in just to keep things interesting.  :lol:
Postman?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Malthus

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on May 01, 2009, 02:32:11 PM
Quote from: Malthus on May 01, 2009, 02:28:52 PM

Yes, I foresaw that one day there would be a place called Languish where everyone would be soft, namby pambys (aka perfect targets for my blindly fueled rage). :smarty:

If only your parents had let you throw that tantrum in McDonalds.  :(

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on May 01, 2009, 02:35:59 PM
If only your parents had let you throw that tantrum in McDonalds.  :(

I woulda got my ass beat. :(

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

garbon

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on May 02, 2009, 12:31:36 PM
Only child?

Eldest but not only. Also, would you mind leaving the board, indefinitely? Thanks. :)

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."