News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Football League

Started by Syt, September 10, 2011, 02:48:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I recently picked up Barcode's Professional Football Simulator as it's THE SEASON again, and though I'm still trying to get to grips with the game I thought it would be fun to setup a Languish league similar to what I did in OOTP9:

http://languish.org/forums/index.php?topic=538.0

I'm not looking for active involvement from the crowd except for Languish themed team names. It's going to be a 24 team, 16 game season (two conferences, with two divisions each).

The following teams are pretty much locked in:

Rhode Island Newscasters
Baltimore Irish
Ohio Angermonkeys
Kentucky Legionaires
Phoenix Golden Eagles
New York Grabbers
Stockholm Nukes
Anchorage Beaners
Oxnard Trolls
Winnipeg Barristers
Alberta Administrators
Vancouver Crazies
Bangkok Perverts
Hong Kong Monos
Seoul Admirals
Oslo Jackboots
Vienna Cannibals
Budapest Beet Farmers
Warsaw Rainbows

But any suggestions are welcome. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Warspite

Did the London franchise go under?
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

PDH

Once again Wyoming is in the minor leagues  :cry:
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Strix

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Grey Fox

Fabreville Punks (or Foxes or Generals)
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on September 10, 2011, 02:48:02 AM
Seoul Admirals

Yi lives in Iowa.  Don't give him the cosmopolitan credit.

Sophie Scholl

Utica (Football) Club.  :thumbsup:  aka one of the beers that the brewery I work for produces.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Syt

Revised team list with tentative conference structure (randomly distributed):

Off The Record Conference

Strawman Division
Anchorage Beaners
Baltimore Irish
Oxnard Trolls
Phoenix Golden Eagles
Vienna Cannibals
Warsaw Rainbows

Semantics Division
Budapest Beet Farmers
Iowa Admirals
Jakarta Blades
Jerusalem Warriors
Kentucky Legionaires
Ohio Angermonkeys

Gaming HQ Conference

PC Division
Alberta Dreadnoughts
Fabreville Generals
Hong Kong Monos
London Men-O-War
Stockholm Nukes
Toronto Lawyers

Console Division
Austin French
Oslo Jackboots
Rhode Island Spacers
Utica Clubbers
Vancouver Crazies
Winnipeg Barristers
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 10, 2011, 10:34:37 PM
Quote from: Syt on September 10, 2011, 02:48:02 AM
Seoul Admirals

Yi lives in Iowa.  Don't give him the cosmopolitan credit.

And I live in Edmonton, not Winnipeg - but I don't think Syt is going for accuracy here...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

Those Canadian outposts all kinda blend for me. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.