Breaking News - Embassy Hostage Crisis In Cairo ?

Started by mongers, September 09, 2011, 07:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 09, 2011, 07:43:20 PM
Isn't this will of the Egyptian people? If Egypt becomes a democracy their foreign policy will be hostile to Israel by default.
Oh well, I guess they'll have to have their teeth kicked in again by the IDF.  Stupid yoots who don't know history. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Sheilbh

Quote from: Razgovory on September 09, 2011, 07:41:57 PM
Why are they protesting?
Not clear.  As I say it looks like this started at State Security, or there were two protests that merged into one.
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Quote from: mongers on September 09, 2011, 07:43:54 PM
Al-Jazeera have a rather attractive correspondent in Cairo, Sherine Tadros.  :wub:
Sky News and the BBC are still running normal news programming.  So on the BBC we've got Click talking about stills cameras :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on September 09, 2011, 07:44:18 PM
Isn't this will of the Egyptian people? If Egypt becomes a democracy their foreign policy will be hostile to Israel by default.
Oh well, I guess they'll have to have their teeth kicked in again by the IDF.  Stupid yoots who don't know history. :(

I personally can't wait until the US yanks their logistical chain for all their American toys.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

I personally can't wait until there are Jews in Cairo. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Viking

Quote from: Caliga on September 09, 2011, 07:48:51 PM

The joos don't want Gaza, why the fuck would they want Cairo? Cairo has, like, 10 times as many Arabs as there are in Gaza.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 09, 2011, 07:45:38 PM
Quote from: Caliga on September 09, 2011, 07:44:18 PM

I personally can't wait until the US yanks their logistical chain for all their American toys.

That's why we armed them.  We get a veto on their military.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habsburg

The Israeli Ambassador and his family have fled Cairo via a military transport.

Josquius

Quote from: Grallon on September 09, 2011, 07:20:23 PM
Arab spring will usher democracy  :lol:

G.

This has always been the problem with middle eastern democracy, the will of the people tends to be pretty conservative and anti-Israel, the west, etc....
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

Quote from: Caliga on September 09, 2011, 07:43:21 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 09, 2011, 07:41:57 PM
Why are they protesting?
Israel's existence, I assume.

How about Israel's vocal support for Mubarak until the last moment, instead? Now they reap what they sow.

At least Obama was smart enough to switch the side America was on when he saw where the wind was blowing.

Frankly, I can't really blame Egyptians for disliking the Israelis over this. You can just as well wonder why Poland or the Baltics do not like the Soviets too much.

Martinus

Quote from: Scipio on September 09, 2011, 07:36:50 PM
Well, Egypt, it was nice knowing you.

Didn't Turkey start military cooperation with Egypt recently? I don't think Turkey (not to mention, a lot of other countries in the region) would sit idly on their hands if Israel invaded Egypt.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Martinus on September 10, 2011, 01:12:20 AM
How about Israel's vocal support for Mubarak until the last moment, instead? Now they reap what they sow.

Could you share a little of this with us?  It didn't show up on my radar screen.

Tamas

Marty is right. Anti-semitism is a very new phenomenom, triggered by Israel's vocal support of falling Egyptian tyrant Mubarak.

So, I guess we are still on track to resolve this recession like the one in the 30s, ha?

Ideologue

Quote from: Viking on September 09, 2011, 07:52:03 PM
Quote from: Caliga on September 09, 2011, 07:48:51 PM

The joos don't want Gaza, why the fuck would they want Cairo? Cairo has, like, 10 times as many Arabs as there are in Gaza.

Currently.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Martinus