Main Menu

Mel Gibson: Judah Maccabee

Started by Malthus, September 09, 2011, 10:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucidor

I love the soundtrack by Händel!  :punk:

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on September 09, 2011, 01:00:25 PM
You know, if this film was done well it would be brilliant, it is an awesome subject  :cool:

Though, as the Spartans said to Alexander......."If.".

Jonathan is the more interesting of the brothers I think
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Brain

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 09, 2011, 01:23:48 PM
Apocalypto was pretty cool.

Until it went insane, and then The Scene finished it off.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Viking

I think Mel is going to portray Judah Maccabee in a positive light given that Maccabee is to Judaism what Mullah Omar is to Islam and Mel is to Catholicism. Fellow traveller and all that.

I'm expecting the gay gymnasium visiting atheist epicurean english greeks to be played by fit gay englishmen that burn timetravelling rabbis in timetravelling synogogues.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

You know, if this film was done well it would be brilliant, it is an awesome subject  :cool:

Though, as the Spartans said to Alexander Phillip......."If.".

FYP
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Viking on September 09, 2011, 05:16:52 PM

Though, as the Spartans said to Alexander Phillip......."If.".

FYP

Yes, you are right, how irritating  :D

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on September 09, 2011, 05:16:07 PM
I think Mel is going to portray Judah Maccabee in a positive light given that Maccabee is to Judaism what Mullah Omar is to Islam and Mel is to Catholicism. Fellow traveller and all that.

I'm expecting the gay gymnasium visiting atheist epicurean english greeks to be played by fit gay englishmen that burn timetravelling rabbis in timetravelling synogogues.

Uh, huh.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Though, as the Spartans said to Alexander......."If.".
They said that to his father Phillip didn't they?

EDIT: Beaten. -_-
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point