Do I contribute anything? What's the use of sticking around?

Started by Lucidor, September 09, 2011, 03:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Slargos

Your passing would be a net negative to this place, for what it's worth.  :sleep:

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 09, 2011, 04:41:21 AM
Tell you the truth, Lucidor, I sometimes get that "outside looking in" feeling too, and I'm way more active than you are. But the forum can be entertaining and it's not like I have anything better to do.  :blush:

FU, Teach.  Everyone likes you fine.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

szmik

Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on September 09, 2011, 10:36:32 AM
Quote from: szmik on September 09, 2011, 10:35:59 AM
watching grumbler argue  :blush:

It is pretty mesmerizing.
it was interesting at first, and when he's not wrong it still a good thread, but when he gets caught the  whole thread turns into a behemoth about how a  ship isn't a ship or the semantics of the world allegation.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Camerus

Lucidor is a good guy.  I enjoy reading his posts, as infrequently as they are.

As for why I come to Languish, it's basically a place where I can, by internet standards, expect to find intelligent discussion on a variety of different topics.  And seeing all the familiar personalities her is kind of reassuring in a world of constant change.

Valmy

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on September 09, 2011, 11:16:58 AM

As for why I come to Languish, it's basically a place where I can, by internet standards, expect to find intelligent discussion on a variety of different topics.  And seeing all the familiar personalities her is kind of reassuring in a world of constant change.

Well said.  I feel exactly the same way.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

DGuller

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on September 09, 2011, 11:16:58 AM

:yes:

It's not easy to find a forum where the posters are intelligent and knowledgeable, and that's small enough and tight enough that you don't get lost in the sea of posters.  Another unique thing is the multitude of nationalities represented.

szmik

Quote from: HVC on September 09, 2011, 10:50:50 AM
.... when he gets caught the  whole thread turns into a behemoth about how a  ship isn't a ship or the semantics of the world allegation.

that's the most hilarious part I must say    <_<
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

MadImmortalMan

I've only met four other posters irl for what it's worth.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Martinus

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive