And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL 2011 Week 1

Started by Neil, September 08, 2011, 07:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

MadBurgerMaker

Cool ending to that one.  The Packers D was not interested in giving up that TD.  :lol:

Neil

Quote from: Alcibiades on September 08, 2011, 10:40:34 PM
Packers looked good.   :thumbsup:
They certainly looked efficient, although against a terrible Saints team, it's hard to judge.  BJ Raji is the man though.  I'm not going to crown the Packers yet, but given that their division is a little bit shit, they're definitely going to cause some headaches in the playoffs.  As I noted above, the story of this game is more that pretty much nobody on the Saints except for Brees and Sproles looked at all good.  I thought that the NFC South was going to be their division to lose, but now I'm starting to think that the Falcons have to have an edge so long as their defence is even adequate.

Rodgers looked good tonight too, to the point where I'd say that he looked to be in the same class as Drew Brees.  The difference is that Rodgers has a team around him that can help him win games, and that turnover was clutch in this game.  I'm not sure I'd take that 34 points to heart if I were the D, given that it was Drew Brees.  When the time comes to make Jay Cutler have a tantrum on the sideline like the big baby that he is, I know that the Packers D will be there for me.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Syt

Didn't stay up for the opening game, probably watch the replay later today.

My tv games this sunday:
Steelers@Ravens
Giants@Redskins
Cowboys@Jets
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

sbr

What was with the minimal graphics on the NBC broadcast?  Is that some new retro thing they are doing?  I didn't like it, I need to see the score and time at all times now.

Sophie Scholl

Positively terrified of the Oakland-Denver game.  I know in theory the Raiders should be favorites due to the Broncos sucking, but... it's a Monday Night opener.  I'm pretty sure they've gotten blown out in every one of them they've "played" in.  I'm almost tempted to start Orton on my LFFL team I have so little faith in Al's boys.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Syt on September 08, 2011, 11:17:09 PM
Didn't stay up for the opening game, probably watch the replay later today.

My tv games this sunday:
Steelers@Ravens
Giants@Redskins
Cowboys@Jets

Looks like you did reasonably well.

Grey Fox

NFL Game Pass looks nice but hell is it expensive.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 09, 2011, 06:05:15 AM

As said elsewhere: would be so much more attractive if it included the rewind function (or if that was at least available outside the U.S.).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Syt on September 09, 2011, 06:10:38 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on September 09, 2011, 06:05:15 AM

As said elsewhere: would be so much more attractive if it included the rewind function (or if that was at least available outside the U.S.).

It would be more attractive if it wasn't 270$. I can get Sunday Ticket for less then that.

Alcibiades

Ugh, I get the Colts and Texans game.  Going to have to try to watch the ravens game on my computer.   :yuk:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

derspiess

I am definitely going to Cleveland this weekend.  I got moved up to the coaches box, so I will be running the video printer there.  I'm guessing my brother wanted to avoid any possible confrontation between me and a certain special teams coach :ph34r:

It's pretty simple work-- I just have to set up the equipment and snap two prints (one from the sideline camera and one endzone) before the snap and then two after the snap.  But each coach seems to want the 'after snap' print taken at a different time, so it will probably take some time & frustration to fine-tune my timing to what the coaches want.  Problem is that some coaches are, ehmm, particular about how they want things and don't always do a good job enunciating their exact requirements.

This will be my first time actually traveling with the team.  I need to report at 1:00 tomorrow for the pre-flight security check.  After that, we take a bus from the stadium straight to the plane.  Apparently our hotel is on the outskirts of town, so we won't be able to walk to any downtown restaurants or bars Saturday night :angry:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Bungals are so gonna get raped.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Quote from: derspiess on September 09, 2011, 11:45:07 AM
I am definitely going to Cleveland this weekend.  I got moved up to the coaches box, so I will be running the video printer there.  I'm guessing my brother wanted to avoid any possible confrontation between me and a certain special teams coach :ph34r:

It's pretty simple work-- I just have to set up the equipment and snap two prints (one from the sideline camera and one endzone) before the snap and then two after the snap.  But each coach seems to want the 'after snap' print taken at a different time, so it will probably take some time & frustration to fine-tune my timing to what the coaches want.  Problem is that some coaches are, ehmm, particular about how they want things and don't always do a good job enunciating their exact requirements.

This will be my first time actually traveling with the team.  I need to report at 1:00 tomorrow for the pre-flight security check.  After that, we take a bus from the stadium straight to the plane.  Apparently our hotel is on the outskirts of town, so we won't be able to walk to any downtown restaurants or bars Saturday night :angry:

Why does the Special Team coach hates you? You slept with his mother, didn't you?