No, European resident
22 (35.5%)
Yes, ROTW
1 (1.6%)
No, ROTW
7 (11.3%)

Total Members Voted: 59

crazy canuck

No guns.  I am the first generation in my family that didnt own a gun at least at some point in his life.  My father wanted to hand my grandfather's hunting rifles down to me but I have no idea what I would do with them.

mongers

Quote from: Rasputin on September 07, 2011, 10:05:48 AM
like all good americans, I own 5 so i'm never too far from one; I also have a concealed weapons permit because sometimes one in the briefcase or glove compartment is just prudent

Where does this fear come from ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 07, 2011, 05:43:33 PM
No guns.  I am the first generation in my family that didnt own a gun at least at some point in his life.  My father wanted to hand my grandfather's hunting rifles down to me but I have no idea what I would do with them.

It's sad in a way, that a part of traditional life like that dies out, but I guess as Canadians become more urbanised the need/enthusiasm for hunting diminishes.

Ed Anger

Sometimes, you just need to brush your suit coat back or the blazer back and let them see the holster. That lets people know you are getting tired of their bullshit.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

crazy canuck

Quote from: mongers on September 07, 2011, 05:45:27 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on September 07, 2011, 05:43:33 PM

It's sad in a way, that a part of traditional life like that dies out

I think that is the way my dad looks at it.

mongers

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 07, 2011, 05:45:41 PM
Sometimes, you just need to brush your suit coat back or the blazer back and let them see the holster. That lets people know you are getting tired of their bullshit.

Big talk from an anonymous man on the interwebs who won't meet anyone in real life.   :P

Caliga

Quote from: Rasputin on September 07, 2011, 12:37:57 PM
It depends on where in the car

in fla, in the trunk would be legal without the cwp or more than three steps from operable (iirc)

keeping it loaded and in arms reach requires the permit
Until March of this year, you could keep a firearm in your car in Kentucky without a CDWL, but it had to be in the glove compartment or the trunk.  If you had a CDWL, you could keep a gun anywhere in your car.  As of March, they changed that law and you can now keep a gun concealed anywhere in your car without a CDWL.

Also, suppressors are legal in Kentucky but you still gotta pay that huge licensing fee to the federal govt, and they run a background check on you if you apply for a permit.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

It's sad in a way, that a part of traditional life like that dies out, but I guess as Canadians become more urbanised the need/enthusiasm for hunting diminishes.
:hmm: Isn't Canada still almost entirely wilderness, geographically-speaking?  Maybe it's that cc is the first generation of his family to live in urban Vancouver?

mongers

Quote from: Caliga on September 07, 2011, 05:50:43 PM
:hmm: Isn't Canada still almost entirely wilderness, geographically-speaking?  Maybe it's that cc is the first generation of his family to live in urban Vancouver?

Yep, that's my impression as well, but iirc Canadians are highly urbanised rather like Australians. I'd guess Americans are less so.

edit:
according to wiki:
United Kingdom - 90 %  ( I already knew we were highly urbanised )
Australia            - 89 %
United States    - 82 %
Canada             - 80 %

so I was wrong but as whole us languishites come from fairly urbanized countries.

Ed Anger

Quote from: mongers on September 07, 2011, 05:48:25 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 07, 2011, 05:45:41 PM

Big talk from an anonymous man on the interwebs who won't meet anyone in real life.   :P

I find internet meets creepy as hell.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Caliga on September 07, 2011, 05:50:43 PM

The city vs rural divide is a much bigger factor in gun ownership than most other things, I think.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

Ed Anger

mongers

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 07, 2011, 06:01:05 PM
Quote from: Caliga on September 07, 2011, 05:59:04 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 07, 2011, 05:53:39 PM
I find internet meets creepy as hell.
:huh:

You fuckers want my kidneys.

You people are too nosy.

Maybe you should start easy and go with well adjusted people like Meri and Max, before you consider weird fuckers like Seedy, me and Grumbler ?

Ed Anger