No, European resident
22 (35.5%)
Yes, ROTW
1 (1.6%)
No, ROTW
7 (11.3%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Brazen

Not currently, but I used to own a replica English Civil War musket for which I needed a shotgun licence.

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on September 06, 2011, 10:02:02 PM
I don't know.  I found one today.  I don't think anyone has claimed it.  If it is my Great grandfathers then I suppose I'm due to inherit it.  If it belonged to my dad's side of the family( who often had guns but used them for less altruistic reasons), then I guess it's his.  I don't know much about guns so I didn't mess with it.  Just looked it over.  I didn't even check to if it was loaded (I was afraid I might screw something up with it).  I don't even know when the gun was made.  The leather holster was patented in 1928 in St. Louis, but beyond that I don't know.  All I know is that it's a Colt, it's double action, and fires a .38.

How do you use a gun for "altruistic reasons"?

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on September 07, 2011, 01:36:38 AM
I don't know.  I found one today.  I don't think anyone has claimed it.  If it is my Great grandfathers then I suppose I'm due to inherit it.  If it belonged to my dad's side of the family( who often had guns but used them for less altruistic reasons), then I guess it's his.  I don't know much about guns so I didn't mess with it.  Just looked it over.  I didn't even check to if it was loaded (I was afraid I might screw something up with it).  I don't even know when the gun was made.  The leather holster was patented in 1928 in St. Louis, but beyond that I don't know.  All I know is that it's a Colt, it's double action, and fires a .38.

One use comes to mind...
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on September 07, 2011, 01:36:38 AM

Law enforcement.  My dad's family were the other side of the coin.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Quote from: DGuller on September 06, 2011, 10:16:36 PM
I doubt it, the mugger didn't disadvantage himself with a gun either.
:hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

frunk

Quote from: Caliga on September 07, 2011, 06:39:01 AM
Quote from: DGuller on September 06, 2011, 10:16:36 PM
I doubt it, the mugger didn't disadvantage himself with a gun either.
:hmm:

Caliga, you're an Octogon Champion.  You should know what he's talking about.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ideologue

I don't, although I wouldn't mind.  I've just never considered it worth the investment, in the device itself and the training needed to use it effectively.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Rasputin

like all good americans, I own 5 so i'm never too far from one; I also have a concealed weapons permit because sometimes one in the briefcase or glove compartment is just prudent
Who is John Galt?

The Brain

Quote from: Rasputin on September 07, 2011, 10:05:48 AM
like all good americans, I own 5 so i'm never too far from one; I also have a concealed weapons permit because sometimes one in the briefcase or glove compartment is just prudent

Will you ever afford to move out of the ghetto? :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Rasputin

Quote from: The Brain on September 07, 2011, 10:13:25 AM
Quote from: Rasputin on September 07, 2011, 10:05:48 AM

Will you ever afford to move out of the ghetto? :(

north florida is the wild west :contract:
Who is John Galt?

derspiess

Quote from: Ideologue on September 07, 2011, 08:29:03 AM
I don't, although I wouldn't mind.  I've just never considered it worth the investment, in the device itself and the training needed to use it effectively.

Get yourself a Soviet-made Nagant pistol like what Ed & I have.  I think you can still get one in great condition for less than $100 and as a bonus for you, you get the Soviet markings on it.  Only downside is the ammo.  Actual 7.62x38 Nagant ammo is expensive, though it does work with much cheaper .32 S&W Long and probably some others.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Strix

Hmmm, making me think.

Ok, I have four sidearms and three long guns. I only purchased one of them, my Smith & Wesson .357 from my last job. The rest I have inherited.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher