For distance and reading
6 (15.4%)
I probably need glasses but I'm in denial
4 (10.3%)
"Take me with you. I can see. I can see perfectly."
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 39

The Larch

I've been wearing glasses since I was a little kid due to myopia, to the point that having glasses is second nature to me at this point. I used contacts for a while, but I developed a slight adverse reaction and reduced its use just for sports and going out. After a while I just stopped using them altogether.

I have an appointment next week with my oculist, and I expect to get a prescription for new lenses, as the ones I'm currently using are from 2006. I'll take the opportunity to get a slightly heavier frame, as the one I have right now is so light that it can get blown away in strong winds.

Theoretically I qualify for laser surgery, but that's simply not going to happen.

Maximus

Quote from: viper37 on August 31, 2011, 08:56:24 AM
I have glasses, but I don't need them except for the computer.  I can see perfectly, but one of my eyes is lazy and can't make a proper focus from short to long distance and back.  So I got headaches when I don't wear them.
Otherwise, I'm fine.
This is pretty much the same as me. My right eye is actually better than normal, so I can see just fine. My left is about -3.75 and started bothering me a lot in the last few years with increasing computer usage. I just got glasses again this year. I had them for a while in my teens when the problem first came up, but stopped wearing them as they weren't worth the bother. Now my eyes hurt almost immediately if I don't wear them.

DGuller

That reminds me, I need to get a pair myself.  My current glasses are 4 years old.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Slargos on August 31, 2011, 11:08:49 PM
I was referring to the heightened nerd concentration, but now that you bring it up.....  :hmm:

Ah. Not exactly a common connotation for the word myopic.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on September 01, 2011, 08:32:37 AM
That reminds me, I need to get a pair myself.

Indeed you do.  Then maybe you won't get mugged as much. :P
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Sheilbh

Almost perfect.  But I recently got checked and apparently could do with some glasses for lectures/presentations/driving, that sort of thing.  But it's only -.25 or something.
Let's bomb Russia!

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on September 01, 2011, 09:01:47 AM
Quote from: DGuller on September 01, 2011, 08:32:37 AM
That reminds me, I need to get a pair myself.

Indeed you do.  Then maybe you won't get mugged as much. :P
Fuck you, dear.