News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Chrome got better.

Started by BuddhaRhubarb, August 23, 2011, 11:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuddhaRhubarb

:)  I was chuggin along on this dinosaur when it crashed again. I got off, let it explode. updated chrome, and much better than whatever version I stopped using last year. nice. very smooth.
:p

viper37

I use both Chrome and Firefox.
Chrome is lighter and faster for most sites, but I still prefer Firefox's interface and add-ons.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

BuddhaRhubarb

one snag... after turning it off, when it reopened it hadn't saved all my bookmarks and passwords etc that it had so flawlessly imported from ff. kinda lame. I'd hate to have to do that every time.

Josquius

The the spyware that scares me.
And lack of bookmarks.
██████
██████
██████

BuddhaRhubarb

this issue of not saving logins is really starting to piss me off. everything else I like better in chrome. but ffs. also had to stop using my Buddha Rhubarb on G+... It is my name in real life too.

viper37

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on September 16, 2011, 12:12:26 PM
this issue of not saving logins is really starting to piss me off. everything else I like better in chrome. but ffs. also had to stop using my Buddha Rhubarb on G+... It is my name in real life too.
Use Lastpass.
It will work with Chrome, IE and Firefox.  Use one master password, keep it logged in, and you'll never have to retype your passwords again.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

It is my name in real life too.

Parents smoked a lot of dope back in the day?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

szmik

Quote from: viper37 on September 19, 2011, 12:16:57 PM
Use Lastpass.
It will work with Chrome, IE and Firefox.  Use one master password, keep it logged in, and you'll never have to retype your passwords again.
the problem is I'd easily forget them
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Neil

I switched from IE to Firefox a few years back, and I haven't looked back.  Chrome just doesn't seem to offer me much.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 09:33:35 PM
I switched from IE to Firefox a few years back, and I haven't looked back.  Chrome just doesn't seem to offer me much.

:mad:

There is only Safari.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Barrister on September 23, 2011, 10:07:36 PM

There is only Safari.

The one with the least fine control over popup blocking, where you have to completely kill popup blocking to allow something through?  No thanks.

Chrome Beta seriously takes on Firefox by adding support for extensions.
Experience bij!

Neil

There is only Safari.
I don't use Apple products.  Even my iPod is collecting dust these days, and I just use my phone for mp3s.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on September 24, 2011, 07:49:28 AM

There is only Safari.

I don't use Apple products.  Even my iPod is collecting dust these days, and I just use my phone for mp3s.

You make baby Steve Jobs cry. :cry:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on September 24, 2011, 04:34:38 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 24, 2011, 07:49:28 AM

There is only Safari.
You make baby Steve Jobs cry. :cry:
He kind of has it coming.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 19, 2011, 02:27:02 PM
It is my name in real life too.

Parents smoked a lot of dope back in the day?

nickname that has stuck for 15 years or so now.