Chrome got better.

Started by BuddhaRhubarb, August 23, 2011, 11:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phillip V

Gmail now causes my Chrome to crash. :(

fhdz

Quote from: Phillip V on November 04, 2013, 07:29:39 PM
Gmail now causes my Chrome to crash. :(

Well that seems counterintuitive, doesn't it?
and the horse you rode in on

garbon

My chrome at work just seems to like to freeze for now reason now. Particularly when I try to close it. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

I've given up on Chrome.  Whenever I try to type anything into the address bar it can take like a minute to even start registering what I've typed, let alone finish it.  Not having any problems with any other app including IE (which I have to use for some work apps).  So I am on Firefox now and it's working great.  I tried a bunch of stuff to try to fix Chrome (manually deleting cache files, etc.) and nothing worked other than like as an extremely short-term remedy.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

Sucks.

I have now completely move to the Chrome ecosystem. I am even going to buy a Chromebook.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

I'm on chrome. No issues as of late. *knocks on wood*
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

I occasionally have issues with videos loading.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Quote from: Caliga on January 24, 2014, 11:23:06 AM
I've given up on Chrome.  Whenever I try to type anything into the address bar it can take like a minute to even start registering what I've typed, let alone finish it. 

I have address bar lag too. Not as extreme as you seem to suffer from, but annoying enough to make me go back to firefox.

viper37

I use Comodo Dragon, based on Chromium, no problems here.  Mind you, I mainly use FF, but Chromium has its advantages on Youtube :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Caliga

Ah... I just tried wiping out all of the files in Chrome's cache directory and the problem seems to be resolved. :cool:

I'm sure it will recur, though, till they patch this or whatever.

Monoriu

Quote from: Caliga on January 24, 2014, 07:21:32 PM
Ah... I just tried wiping out all of the files in Chrome's cache directory and the problem seems to be resolved. :cool:

Internet Explorer is the way to go  :bowler:

DontSayBanana

Chrome's definitely become much more of a sluggish beast recently than it had been previously.  When you say problems with videos, are you talking in general or YouTube in particular?  Because YouTube's had something in the past few weeks that makes it almost unusable with seizing up if you try to advance to a point farther along than the buffer progress bar.
Experience bij!

Caliga

Quote from: Caliga on January 24, 2014, 07:21:32 PM

It's back as of this morning.  Back to Firefox.

Josephus

Chrome Notifications freak me out.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

I still prefer Firefox.  I. Am. Loyal.  ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.