News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Some imparted wisdom, based on experience

Started by Berkut, August 23, 2011, 03:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

When you go to a Vietnamese restaurant and order Pho soup, they may bring you this little tray of vegetables to be placed in the soup.

On this tray there may be a small, long, yellow pepper. You should:

Break this pepper up and place it in your soup. It provides a nice little heat and flavor.

You should also then go wash your hands, BEFORE YOU TAKE A PISS.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

citizen k

Quote from: Berkut on August 23, 2011, 03:00:26 PM
When you go to a Vietnamese restaurant and order Pho soup, they may bring you this little tray of vegetables to be placed in the soup.

Break this pepper up and place it in your soup. It provides a nice little heat and flavor.

Getting a little warm in the nether regions?

grumbler

My grandpa used to say that "you can always tell how much self-respect a man has by whether he washes his hands before or after he takes a piss."  :P
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DontSayBanana

Experience bij!

HVC

I also assume you should avoid eye contact with the gentleman in the next stall after you yell out "dear god it burns"
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

I always kinda assumed grumbler's grandparents died before man had learned to talk.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HisMajestyBOB

Pho is delicious  :licklips:
I was happy to see that the local Vietnamese restaurant here has good, southern Vietnamese-style pho.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

MadImmortalMan

Pho is one of those dishes I make regularly, and people like to come over when they know I'm making it.  :)
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

crazy canuck

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 23, 2011, 03:16:52 PM
I always kinda assumed grumbler's grandparents died before man had learned to talk.  :hmm:

I assumed he formed directly from the primordial goo.

Ideologue

Oh, yeah.  I actually got chemical burns once from eating buffalo wings and not taking this precaution.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Caliga

I rubbed habanero juice on my balls by mistake once. :hug:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

Malthus

Quote from: Ideologue on August 23, 2011, 03:39:16 PM

Oh, yeah.  I actually got chemical burns once from eating buffalo wings and not taking this precaution.

I can't imagine how filthy and revolting a scene that was.  :yuk:

I mean, don't you usually wash your hands when covered with wing-goo before unzipping your pants?

Yuck.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius