And we're back!

Main Menu

Earthquake?? In my Virginia?

Started by HisMajestyBOB, August 23, 2011, 12:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 23, 2011, 01:33:27 PM
Reactors shutting down on the east coast on unusual events. So far no reports of anything outside of routine safety scrams though.

Bah...our reactors did not shut down, and the turbines did not go offline.  Only Dominion's went to back-up.  No tsunamis reported in the Chesapeake Bay.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on August 23, 2011, 08:29:30 PM
Found this on another forum

God bless the motherfucking internet.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on August 23, 2011, 01:42:13 PM
Quote from: DGuller on August 23, 2011, 01:33:41 PM
Everyone was just recounting their brush with death. :bleeding:

Yeah that made me laugh a lot too. I was like - common occurrence in California.

Other than turning it into a totally unnecessary 12 hour day, the collective panic was hilarious.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 23, 2011, 06:41:23 PM
Oh fuck no.

No fucking joke.
I've never shit, barfed and pissed myself all at once, and I'm not really in the mood to try with shit like that.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on August 23, 2011, 06:55:14 PM
I was talking to one of the security guys in our building & apparently the company that occupies our 14th floor evacuated the building and regrouped where they're supposed to go for fire drills: across the street under a huge interstate overpass :lol:

We evac'd our downtown building;  naturally, some broad from the 15th floor left something in her office, and because the elevators shut down, she felt compelled to climb the 15 stories back up to get it.

Result: our only EMS call for the day.

sbr

I was talking to one of the security guys in our building & apparently the company that occupies our 14th floor evacuated the building and regrouped where they're supposed to go for fire drills: across the street under a huge interstate overpass :lol:

:lol:  That's fantastic.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 23, 2011, 09:06:13 PM

We evac'd our downtown building;  naturally, some broad from the 15th floor left something in her office, and because the elevators shut down, she felt compelled to climb the 15 stories back up to get it.

Result: our only EMS call for the day.

:unsure:  What'd she do, have a heart attack?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Made me think: why is it impossible to design lawn furniture that doesn't tip you over on your ass constantly?

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 23, 2011, 09:27:34 PM
Made me think: why is it impossible to design lawn furniture that doesn't tip you over on your ass constantly?

Maybe the problem lies not in the furniture but in your own fat ass.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017