News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Earthquake?? In my Virginia?

Started by HisMajestyBOB, August 23, 2011, 12:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Reactors shutting down on the east coast on unusual events. So far no reports of anything outside of routine safety scrams though.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

DGuller

Everyone was just recounting their brush with death. :bleeding:

MadImmortalMan

The Brain

Where is the new coastline? Ohio?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

MadImmortalMan

I still have a couple cracks in my patio from that 5.0 back in 2k8. The dishes all came out of the cabinets, and I had to pound a few nails back in the siding, but that's it. And that epicenter was a couple hundred yards away.

derspiess

Quote from: HVC on August 23, 2011, 01:20:16 PM
Quote from: Josephus on August 23, 2011, 01:04:59 PM
felt it briefly in Toronto. Was very weird. Sitting at my desk, and my chair felt wobbly and my desk started shaking.
Didn't feel anything :( . i always miss the earthquuakes.

Same here.  People on the 5th floor of our building felt it, and people on the 15th floor really felt it (and are still freaking out about it apparently).  I was out getting a sandwich around that time, so I felt nothing :mellow:

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on August 23, 2011, 01:33:41 PM
Everyone was just recounting their brush with death. :bleeding:

Yeah that made me laugh a lot too. I was like - common occurrence in California.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

KRonn

I didn't feel anything up here just outside of Boston; or it wasn't strong enough to notice.

HisMajestyBOB

:lol:

Now the rest of the country has to suffer through the news talking about this non-stop.  :nelson:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

MadImmortalMan

Yeah, well the reporters themselves felt it. So it's the biggest thing in the universe.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 23, 2011, 02:02:36 PM
Yeah, well the reporters themselves felt it. So it's the biggest thing in the universe.

O.M.G. :o
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Tamas

JonasSalk

Yuman

DGuller

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.