And we're back!

Main Menu

This then or that

Started by Grallon, August 21, 2011, 10:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grallon

Quote from: garbon on August 23, 2011, 08:47:56 AM

Both you and Mart make a strong case for Neil's assertion. -_-

Need I remind the public that neither Martinus or I were ever diagnosed with clinical depression?  This said, there's nothing wrong with hitting rock bottom.  However pretending to do so, for glamour's sake, is quite unpalatable - for me anyway.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

garbon

Quote from: Grallon on August 23, 2011, 07:25:32 PM

Need I remind the public that neither Martinus or I were ever diagnosed with clinical depression?  This said, there's nothing wrong with hitting rock bottom.  However pretending to do so, for glamour's sake, is quite unpalatable - for me anyway.

G.

Admitting to suffering from a mental illness is a sign of immaturity? They sure raise them strange in Quebec. :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

dps

Quote from: garbon on August 23, 2011, 08:01:50 PM
Quote from: Grallon on August 23, 2011, 07:25:32 PM

G.

Admitting to suffering from a mental illness is a sign of immaturity? They sure raise them strange in Quebec. :huh:

Who claimed that they were suffering from clinical depression anyway.  LaCroix and Neil basically called them whiny, immature brats.  I didn't see any mention of clinical depression in either post.

Martinus

Yeah but at least we are not certifiably insane, unlike garbon. He who lives in a house with padded walls shouldn't throw stones. Same goes for Raz.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on August 24, 2011, 09:54:45 AM
Yeah but at least we are not certifiably insane, unlike garbon. He who lives in a house with padded walls shouldn't throw stones. Same goes for Raz.

That makes no sense.  Garbon is not accusing you of being insane.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on August 24, 2011, 09:57:23 AM

That makes no sense.  Garbon is not accusing you of being insane.

I'm saying that someone who is insane is not the best judge of character.

HVC

Yeah but at least we are not certifiably insane,
says the hypochondriac :lol:   
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Martinus

Quote from: HVC on August 24, 2011, 10:00:42 AM
Yeah but at least we are not certifiably insane,
says the hypochondriac :lol:

I wasn't diagnosed. :P

Eddie Teach

"You're being immature."
"Yeah? Well, you smell bad and your parents got divorced because of you."
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on August 24, 2011, 09:58:32 AM

Ok but that is not the analogy you were using :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on August 24, 2011, 10:15:20 AM
Quote from: Martinus on August 24, 2011, 09:58:32 AM

Ok but that is not the analogy you were using :P

I like that I accused them both of acting immature and I got accused of pretending to have a mental illness (Grallon) and of being insane (Mart). :lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

I don't know if modern psychology or law has reached Poland yet. Perhaps you could do some reading and educate yourself.

I suppose though that I should give you due credit for mocking the fact that I suffered from MDD last year. :)

Siege

Quote from: Martinus on August 22, 2011, 01:32:37 AM
The purpose of life is enjoying oneself and not hurting other people too much.

How can you enjoy yourself without hurting other people?
Oxymoron.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Razgovory

Quote from: Grallon on August 22, 2011, 08:25:06 PM
You shouldn't confuse me for Martinus. :P

G.

They both had a great deal in common.  If I was gay, I would fear they reflect badly on the ... whatever you guys call yourselves.  Orientation? Species?  I have no clue.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

dps

Quote from: Razgovory on August 24, 2011, 06:58:12 PM
Quote from: Grallon on August 22, 2011, 08:25:06 PM
You shouldn't confuse me for Martinus. :P

G.

They both had a great deal in common.  If I was gay, I would fear they reflect badly on the ... whatever you guys call yourselves.  Orientation? Species?  I have no clue.

If it's any consolation, you do reflect badly on Missouri.     :)