And we're back!

Main Menu

Car Thread

Started by Malthus, August 19, 2011, 11:15:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Larch on August 19, 2011, 07:46:42 PM
Expectant mothers spot?

Since lazy negroes always park in handicapped spots--and in all my years, I've never seen a negro with handicapped tags on their car actually be handicapped--expectant mothers spots were created in some jurisdictions to throw the darkies off their game.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 19, 2011, 07:49:09 PM
Expectant mothers spot?

Since lazy negroes always park in handicapped spots--and in all my years, I've never seen a negro with handicapped tags on their car actually be handicapped--expectant mothers spots were created in some jurisdictions to throw the darkies off their game.

They also like to park in a hospital dropoff/pickup lane. I WAS NOT AMUSED.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

OttoVonBismarck

2009 BMW M3 is my daily driver.

Wife drives a 2011 Audi TTS.

We have a 2007 Volvo V70 we drive most of the time we go out with our daughter.

I bought the M3 because I had just gotten a promotion and had always wanted a BMW. The other two cars were not my decision and I actively opposed the Audi. Before I bought the BMW almost every car we've had has been a Toyota.

derspiess

Expectant mothers spot?

:lol:  I wish they'd do something similar with 'Family Restrooms' at Reds games.  Every goddamned time I would try to take my our to one & it was occupied, sho 'nuff out would walk some obese black chick in her late teens/early 20s.  They spend ages in there, too. 

What's more odd about that is that there are almost none of that demographic going to games these days.  Yet they manage to monopolize the family restrooms. 

Thankfully my kid's diaper days are long gone & he can pee in a urinal.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

PRC

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on August 19, 2011, 09:20:29 PM

Wife drives a 2011 Audi TTS.

We have a 2007 Volvo V70 we drive most of the time we go out with our daughter.

I bought the M3 because I had just gotten a promotion and had always wanted a BMW. The other two cars were not my decision and I actively opposed the Audi. Before I bought the BMW almost every car we've had has been a Toyota.

Though you actively opposed the Audi before purchase... what is your opinion of it after owning it?

Ideologue

Expectant mothers spot?

I used them whenever I could when Korea was around.  WTF have they got, an ultrasound?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Zanza

MadBurgerMaker

Still have the same A4 I got....almost three years ago now, I guess.   Just went over 33,800 miles yesterday.

I'm thinking about trading it in for something useful like a truck or large SUV or something, but I'd miss having something that isn't totally boring to drive.  It's not particularly fast or anything like that, I just like driving around in it.  It's....comfortable.

Edit:  Oh, I bought it because the cost of gas in my old SUV was destroying my bank account (toward the end, I was only getting about 200 miles on a tank of gas in the thing).  So, you know, I bought a heavy all wheel drive car with a rev happy turbocharged four-cylinder.   :rolleyes: 

DGuller

Quote from: Zanza on August 20, 2011, 01:38:53 AM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on August 19, 2011, 09:20:29 PM
Now that's a nice car.  :thumbsup:
Aren't you going to get fired for saying things like that?

Zanza

The C63 AMG Coupé is better of course. :P

But the M3 is undoubtly a fine car, much better than all the American and Japanese cars named in this thread.

Caliga

I bought my 2008 Accord V6 brand new.  First time I ever bought a new car (though Princesca bought her 2003 Civic brand new).  Probably wouldn't do it again... I love my car and it was awesome to have a new one, but I just can't justify spending that much in my head.  Was nice to do it once, though. :)

We're probably replacing her Accord with some sort of SUV (Honda Pilot seems likely) this fall, and it definitely won't be a new one.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Pedrito

These are the last days of me driving my 2007 BMW 530 XD station wagon, which is clocking at 206.000 kms. At the end of august I'll be changing it for a new Land Rover Discovery.

Next monday we'll pick my wife's new car up, a 2011 Volkswagen Touran.

Oh, and the Forrester is an excellent car :thumbsup:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: PRC on August 19, 2011, 10:57:20 PM
Though you actively opposed the Audi before purchase... what is your opinion of it after owning it?

Still not a big fan of the Audi.

Reasons:

• It looks like a chick car, dunno why, it's just too rounded, too soft.
  • It's theoretically a sports car, but the performance isn't amazing to me given its price. Why is it even considered to be a performance car? It's a 2L 4 cylinder. It's got some go to it for a 4 cylinder, but when I step out of my M3 with its 4 L V8 414 hp engine it feels like I'm driving a go-cart.
  • Not sure about the 2012 models but the 2011 model my wife bought had no option for manual trans, only auto (or auto-manual which is still not a proper stick shift.) Again, why would a performance car not have a manual trans?
  • The M3 isn't known for backseat space, but real human beings can ride in the back seat. Have you ever seen the backseat of the TT line? Any human being with legs would almost need to sit indian style to fit back there. It's realistically only usable as a bench for putting stuff on.

I actually like Volkswagen / Audi, but I just don't like the TT line and never have. I feel like it's an overpriced VW Golf (I actually love the look of the new Golf, and really like the VW GTI) with aesthetics that are less pleasing to me than the Golf/GTI and less passenger space. It's like you're paying a huge premium for rounded edges and AWD.

The only positive note for the TT in my opinion is that it is a hatchback so for a car with its size/profile it does have more trunk space than it seems.

dps

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on August 20, 2011, 08:37:47 AM
It looks like a chick car, dunno why, it's just too rounded, too soft.[/li][/list]

Audis tend to have styling that, to me, could best be described as boringly generic.

Mind you, that's not entirely a bad thing.  Daring styling can backfire.