News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Best countries to travel to / live in

Started by viper37, August 17, 2011, 09:18:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

For some, at least.
Free of the American imperialists pigs.  Free of McDonald's, at least.

http://www.unecartedumonde.fr/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/La-carte-du-monde-des-pays-sans-MacDonalds.png

got to admit I always wanted to visit Greenland, though.  The other countries... meh.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Slargos

Not surprisingly, they're all hell-holes.

Razgovory

I don't see one I'd like to even visit.  It's like a map of the least pleasant places to visit in the world.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

I achieve the same effect by never eating at McDonald's.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Valmy on August 17, 2011, 09:27:06 AM

This would seem to be a more practical approach; as opposed to, say, emigrating to Chad  :D

They can be useful as child pacifiers on long car trips anyway.

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on August 17, 2011, 09:27:06 AM

Well to really get the North Korean experience, you should just try never eating.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Slargos

Iceland is actually a pretty good tourist destination. Wouldn't want to live there, but I'd enjoy visiting again.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Slargos on August 17, 2011, 09:36:45 AM
Iceland is actually a pretty good tourist destination. Wouldn't want to live there, but I'd enjoy visiting again.

Nice geysers.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Zanza

Iceland used to have one (or more?) McDonald's but when the Krona lost half its value, it became too expensive to import everything they needed from the EU.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Zanza

Quote from: Razgovory on August 17, 2011, 09:24:27 AM
I don't see one I'd like to even visit.  It's like a map of the least pleasant places to visit in the world.
Out of those countries, I've only been to Cambodia, Ethiopia, Uganda and Iceland, but all of them are quite interesting tourist destinations.

11B4V

Quote from: viper37 on August 17, 2011, 09:18:31 AM

Free of the American imperialists pigs.  Free of McDonald's, at least.
Meaning third world. Barring a few exception of course.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Quote from: Zanza on August 17, 2011, 09:43:42 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 17, 2011, 09:24:27 AM
Out of those countries, I've only been to Cambodia, Ethiopia, Uganda and Iceland, but all of them are quite interesting tourist destinations.

If I went to Iceland I'd probably just end up going killing rampage.  As they have no army, I'd probably get pretty far before the government figured out a way to stop me.