Started by viper37, August 15, 2011, 08:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on August 16, 2013, 11:30:45 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on August 16, 2013, 08:12:19 AM
Quote from: Neil on August 16, 2013, 08:06:43 AM
CHOI FM? :P

That's in Quebec City.
Is it?  I had thought they had closed it down for counter-revolutionary attitudes.  Viper was raging about it for years.

And Viper lives close to Quebec City.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on August 16, 2013, 11:32:33 AM

That's in Quebec City.
Is it?  I had thought they had closed it down for counter-revolutionary attitudes.  Viper was raging about it for years.

Close? The same way someone who lives in Red Deer lives close to Edmonton/Calgary.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 16, 2013, 11:35:26 AM
Close? The same way someone who lives in Red Deer lives close to Edmonton/Calgary.

Red Deer is close to Calgary  :unsure:

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 16, 2013, 11:46:26 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on August 16, 2013, 11:35:26 AM

Red Deer is close to Calgary  :unsure:

This highly relative.

However, Cochrane is close to Calgary. RD is not.

This might be a bad example since RD is big enough to be a City while where Viper lives, Riviere-Du-Loup, is just some small town 2h east of QC City.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Jacob

Viper - your responses to me seem to be pretty divorced from anything I'm actually posting, so I'm dropping out of the conversation for the time being.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 16, 2013, 11:49:48 AM
This might be a bad example since RD is big enough to be a City while where Viper lives, Riviere-Du-Loup, is just some small town 2h east of QC City.

Yeah, probably the most significant difference.

derspiess

So tell me about Chambly.  Is it as ossum as I imagine?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 16, 2013, 11:49:48 AM
RDL is 45 minutes to the east of where I live. :)  It's much smaller than that over here, RDL is like the area's metropolis :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: derspiess on August 16, 2013, 12:06:06 PM
So tell me about Chambly.  Is it as ossum as I imagine?
it's close to Montreal and the south shore is rapidly growing, getting more&more independant from MTL everyday.  It's a small city surrounded by fields and the highway is far enough to not bother you.
Downside: if you need to work in Montreal, you're fucked.  3 of the bridges are half closed all the time and may crumble under you anytime.  But if you can avoid Montreal, and you must live in a city, this might be good.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Jacob on August 16, 2013, 11:55:05 AM
Viper - your responses to me seem to be pretty divorced from anything I'm actually posting,

how so?

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on August 16, 2013, 11:32:33 AM

That's in Quebec City.

142km., 1h27 minutes according to Google Maps.  Of course, I've hear of tales, from people I know, who know some guys doing it in 1h00 or less.  But I would never do such a thing, myself.   :shutup:

viper37

they tried.  It was supposed to be shut down.  But then, there was an election.  With 11 Conservatives MPs, mostly in Quebec city.  So the station was allowed to stay on, so long as it changed owner.  But it's only a shadow of its former self, they removed all the music.